As a Technical Writer:
The IT Technical Writer is responsible for extracting and developing content from subject matter experts (SMEs) across all areas of the organization to produce professional, well-organized and well-written documentation that will be regularly utilized by employees and customers. Responsibilities will include design/redesign and development of knowledge basis as well as any related implementation and administration for content and/or system transitions.
A Day in the Life:
• Responsible for implementation and management of IT document management library
• Perform rebranding of documentation from 3rd parties
• Continuously improve level of documentation across the IT organization
• Interviewing, engagement and collaboration with subject matter experts for IT related documentation requirements
• Creates, updates and maintains company policies and related documentation, including work instructions and process flows.
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for the intended target audience(s).
• Develop, initiate, and manage review processes and information architecture for final deliverables.
• Analyze existing and potential content; providing ideas on how to improve internal communications, as well as focusing on streamlining, including how we format and present documentation.
• Develop and manage a perpetual updating and publishing schedule to ensure that all documented materials are current and up to date.
• Maintain, edit, and update existing product documentation with a close attention to detail, consistency, and clarity
• Work with the IT Operations, IT Security, Infrastructure/Engineering and QA teams to test and document new product features while ensuring clarity of user stories and acceptance criteria
• Work with support teams to proactively address client support challenges through creation and revision of end-user documentation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What success looks like in this role:
• Exceptional verbal, written communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Experience with Microsoft word and other editors to develop high quality documentation.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines
• Knowledge of ISO standards for documentation
We are excited about you if you have these things:
• 3 Years as a Technical Writer, or in a similar technical role
• Bachelor Degree in Technical Communications or IT related field.
• Self-starter, with a proven track record for creativity and initiative, with first-rate written and verbal communication skills with an extraordinary attention to detail
• Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects and work streams in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to effectively engage and work with teams within an organization committed to client success
• Experience developing mixed media- text, photos, workflows, data flows, graphs, flow charts and information products.
• Must have technical aptitude to understand basic system functionality.