Fast growing Engineering firm in Metro Atlanta has an immediate opening for a Traffic Engineer position.
The candidate who fills this position is responsible for engineering design plans, performing complex calculations, designing of transportation/traffic operations including traffic signal design, roadway illumination, intelligent transportation systems and their components. Employees at this level perform work independently on assignments, however, all unique project designs require working closely with supervisor and other Engineers. This individual must be a licensed Engineer in the State of Georgia or be able to obtain one within six (6) months, with seven (10) years of Traffic Engineering including any EIT experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs engineering-related planning, design, data collection, evaluation and analysis
• Develops and assists in creating Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E)
• Performs engineering-related calculations and drafting/design work.
• Performs calculations to include material and labor estimates, expenses, technical survey data and engineering calculations.
• Coordinates design work with other design disciplines on the project.
• Develops and reviews engineering related documents, correspondence and reports.
• Ensure compliance with contract requirements.
• Prepares project progress reports and reviews invoices.
• Assist in project close-out reports.
• Develops and maintains project files.
• Prepares correspondence with clients for deliverables, submittals and reviews.
• Perform duties as a Task/Discipline lead Engineer
• Reading and interpreting applicable specifications, plans, schematics, blueprints and maps.
• Reviewing plans for accuracy and ensuring compliance with requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in high pressure situations, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
• Prepare and maintain confidential and sensitive records, files and reports.
• Auditing and investigative methods, practices and procedure.
• Proficient in using standard office software such as MS Office, Windows, etc.
•Proficient in using engineering software such as Microstation
•Experience with one of more of the following specialized engineering software packages:
• B.S. in Engineering
• Job Related College education or relevant technical training may be substituted for
experience on a year by year basis.
• Minimum of seven (10) years in proven Traffic Engineering experience, including any E.I.T. experience. Specialized experience will be considered in lieu of total years of experience.
Licenses or Certifications Required:
• Professional Engineer License in Georgia.
• Or, must be able or registration in another state with the ability to obtain a P.E. license within six (6) months of hire.
• Valid Driver's License.
Travel Required for this Position: 5%+
** Salary commensurate with experience. **
Conditions of Employment:
• Applicant will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Record Check. Satisfactory driving records are required for driving company or personal vehicles and motor driven equipment to conduct company business.
• Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Safety impact employees will be subject to additional drug and alcohol testing throughout his/her employment.
• As part of its employment process, M-B may procure or have prepared a criminal background check. An applicant with an unsatisfactory criminal background check report is ineligible to be hired for the position for which the report is initiated.
• If hired, applicant must provide document(s) within three (3) days of hire date that establish identity and employment eligibility.