Reports To: Association Accounting Supervisor
Summary: This position is responsible for administering the accounts payable functions for a portfolio of homeowner associations managed by Hammersmith®. The Accounts Payable Specialist will handle several payable accounts with multiple deadlines at any given time.
Location: Englewood, CO
Points of Distinction:
• Great team environment
• Ensure the accuracy of accounts payable data that is entered into the accounting system.
• Respond to accounts payable inquiries from vendors, boards, and employees.
• Perform research and analysis of vendor and legal invoices to determine the correct coding as defined by association budgets.
• Maintain accounts payable files.
• Work in cooperation with the Accounts Payable Supervisor and General Ledger Accountants to resolve issues and identify areas for improvement.
• Setup and process vendor ACH payments.
• Reconcile Association Petty Cash Receipts.
• Ensure that vendor is approved for payment by coordinating with the Vendor Insurance Specialist.
• Disburse checks to vendors.
• Process and monitor reserve payments; identify, research, and resolve any discrepancies.
• Review all association-related invoices submitted for payment and ensure that appropriate back-up documentation exists.
• Scan coded association invoices and payment requests to Community Association Managers; email managers scanned documents for approval.
• Generate one check run per month (or more as needed), and provide monthly check reports for each association.
• Attach checks to respective invoices and distribute for signature.
• Maintain an insurance log for Association vendors.
• Transfer/move scanned invoices to respective association payable folders.
• Track checks sent for two signatures; verify that the number of checks sent agree with the number of checks returned with signatures.
• Identify, track, notate, and monitor available funds for releasing checks.
• Monitor Information Sheets for completeness and timeliness.
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles
• Skill in attention to detail, decision-making, and problem-solving
• Skill in delivering excellent customer service
• Skill in organization and analytics
• Ability to read and interpret budgets, general ledgers, and financial reports
• Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
• Ability to utilize different computer software programs
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
• Ability to build strong working relationships with the Accounts Payable team
Education and Experience:
• Minimum one year of accounts payable or related accounting experience required
• Two-year (or greater) degree Accounting preferred
• Experience in community management accounting preferred
Full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick and vacation time, volunteer day of service, and much more!
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.