Palomar Specialty is seeking QA Analyst who will develop and execute test scenarios as part of Palomar Specialty’s QA Services group. This role will help develop test plans, test cases, and test scripts, automate recurring tests, and troubleshoot and report discrepancies with the product. This position is responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing on simple to complex implementations. The QA Analyst works collaboratively with IT and business units to execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage
- Develop, document and functional like validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect
- Interacting with Business SMEs, BA and Development Teams as required.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail always; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Initiative readily; Undertakes self-development increased ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Creative solving of technical problems
Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- ~Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or relevant experience of 3 years.
- At least 3+ years of relevant QA experience
- Strong test and use case development experience
Experience in all stages of application testing including UI, backend, functional, regression, API
- Experience testing Pega, Salesforce or other types of BPM applications a plus
- Experience with in creating automation scripts or maintaining automation scripts a plus
- Working knowledge of Java platforms
- Working knowledge of SQL server
- Strong communication and collaboration skill
Translates complex business requirement into functional testing plans and implements those plans as designed