Palomar Specialty Insurance Company provides catastrophe insurance for personal and commercial property. Headquartered in La Jolla, California, the company was founded in 2014 by a group of insurance veterans who recognized a need for customized options in the catastrophe insurance market nationwide. By offering earthquake, hurricane and flood products through an exclusive network of agents, brokers, wholesalers and program administrators, Palomar ensures its policyholders receive specialized service for catastrophe protection.
Palomar Specialty is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, Palomar is hiring at all levels of the organization and is seeking both experienced insurance professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping build a modern and differentiated insurance business. If you would thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, Palomar would like to talk to you about joining this collaborative and hard-working team.
For more information about the company, visit www.palomarspecialty.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation please. No Visa sponsorship available for this position
Palomar Specialty Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Palomar is currently seeking to fill the following position in its beautiful La Jolla office:
Lead Systems Architect Position Description:
We are seeking a Lead System Architect who will take ownership of the Architecting of our Pega Platform as well as having a Leadership Role in the Development Team. While also working collaboratively with the QA, BA and Business Teams in developing Applications across the corporations LOBs. As part of the Leadership Role within the Development team they will also Lead the Consulting/ Offshore Development Teams as well.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for Design & Technical leadership of Pega PRPC program / application) / solution (7.x) - including designing of enterprise class structure, data and application framework model. Participate in functionality testing, regression and UAT testing
- Perform feasibility analysis, scopes projects and work with the Business and R&D teams to prioritize deliverables and negotiate product functionalities
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands
- Engage with the business to incorporate usability and user interface needs when designing systems
- Ensure best possible designs (performance, scalability) of Pega PRPC applications/ solution compliant with Pega PRPC best practices, coding standards, guardrails, UI standards and Palomar's standards.
- Interacting with Business SMEs, BA and QA Teams as required.
- Perform code & alert logs reviews to ensure application quality
- Ensure Pega PRPC application/ solution is scalable & robust
- Independently architect the technical solution and lead the technical team during development & customization phases/ activities.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail always; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Technical Skills -Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Translates complex business requirement into functional technical requirements and implements those requirements as designed