Palomar Specialty Insurance Company provides catastrophe insurance for personal and commercial property. Headquartered in La Jolla, California, our company was founded in 2014 by a group of insurance veterans who saw a need for customized options in the catastrophe market nationwide. By offering our products through an exclusive network of agents, brokers, wholesalers, MGA’s and program administrators, we ensure our policyholders receive specialized service for their catastrophe exposures.
Palomar Specialty is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are hiring at all levels in our organization and are seeking both experienced insurance professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a really special insurance business. If you would thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, hard-working team. Send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our company, visit us at www.palomarspecialty.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation please.
Palomar Specialty Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position in our beautiful La Jolla office:
Accounts Payable Specialist
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Obtain required W-9 information, TIN Matching and Vendor set up.
• Invoice processing and check issuance.
• 1099 Processing
• Expense reports
• Maintain proper record keeping.
• Office duties: answer the phone, supplies order, mailing, copying and filing.
• Ability to work with confidential information
• Perform special projects as assigned
• Strong organizational skills and with ability to work effectively independently as well as with a team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience required
• Microsoft Office skills required – Advanced Excel, Intermediate Word, Intermediate Power Point
• Extensive accounting software experience a must.
• Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines