The Pharmacy Cashier provides front-line customer service by greeting Pharmacy customers over the telephone and in person and ensuring all customers’ needs are met. The Cashier assists other Pharmacy staff members with inventory and store maintenance.
1. Greets customers in person or over the telephone and assists customers with new and refill prescriptions, answers customers’ questions, and resolving customers’ complaints.
2. Refers customer to supervisor when the customer requires specific counseling.
3. Contacts customers by phone to pick up prescriptions.
4. Completes customer transactions on the cash register, verifying customer information (correcting, as needed) and collecting customer payments.
5. Reconciles and balances cash drawer, prepares end-of-day reports, and prepares deposit and change order.
6. Assists other staff members with restocking shelves, checking stock, pulling expired stock, and filling prescriptions.
7. Cancels medications which have not been picked up in the allotted hold time per policy.
8. Ensures the appearance of the store is pleasing to customers and meets the requirements of the Corporate Office, performing required housekeeping tasks.
9. Performs other duties, as required.
Licenses or Certifications: Registered Pharmacy Technician with TN Board of Pharmacy
Education: High school diploma plus some specialized training.
Experience: Previous customer service experience and handling cash preferred; requires basic computer skills. Previous experience working with medications preferred.