Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a remote Data Engineer to support our work with the Department Health and Human Services (HHS).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely on a daily basis and will remotely access HHS systems and therein use approved HHS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Designing and implementing data ingestion and data transformation processes using software tools
- Modifying current batch-oriented data exchanges to interactive, on-demand or near real-time data exchanges
- Enhancing data exchanges in response to changes in source information systems
- Automating scheduled data exchanges
- Integrating data from multiple sources by identifying or creating linkages and transforming data into compatible structures or encoding
- Measuring data consistency and conformance to business rules
- Designing and implementing transformations to data structure and representation in order to facilitate analysis
- Designing and implementing data access controls to limit or filter data in accordance with defined policies
- Advising personnel on the proven or recommended practices for SAP Smart Data Integration and other capabilities of the SAP HANA data platform
- Analyzing the data structures in the Data Warehouse and designing and implementing database objects to facilitate analysis, improve efficiency or responsiveness, or aggregate or mask data for use by a broader audience
- Minimum BA/BS in related field or equivalent with at least 5 or more years of experience working with large scale IT projects, preferably at the Federal level as a Data Engineer
- Experience working with batch-oriented processes using Informatica PowerCenter workflows and scripted loads of delimited files
- Proficiency with SAP HANA in Cloud Service environment
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an HHS Public Trust
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current HHS Public Trust
- Working experience supporting machine learning and natural language processing capabilities in SAP HANA
- Prior experience supporting Data Warehouse focused on Human Resources data
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.