Vertical Knowledge is a Cleveland-based open source data technology company. Since 2007 our team has worked to create a scalable framework that provides our clients with compliant access to relevant signals within the massive amount of open source data that exists today. We're building a future where open source data can be identified, collected and leveraged to serve our clients’ AI needs.
We're looking for a skilled QA Analyst to join our quality assurance team. Primary duties include but are not limited to creating and maintaining quality assurance test plans for existing and new datasets. Candidate will work closely with our collection engineering team members to drive and maintain high standards of quality. The QA Analyst should have automation experience and at minimum 1 – 2 years of experience in a QA or related position to be successful in this role.
- Define, create, and maintain test plans and strategies for existing and new datasets
- Write automated test scripts
- Perform validation and exploratory testing using different testing techniques
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation, and support resolution on assigned projects
- Identify and provide feedback on anomalies in the datasets
- Documentation of dataset issues and resolutions
- Work closely with Collection Engineering and Service Delivery teams and other organizations in the company to communicate and promote quality standards
- Work closely with Service Delivery team to replicate customer issues and use cases
COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with financial planning
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work schedules
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- A casual work environment and dog friendly office
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Computer Science, Data Science or a related field; or equivalent education/work experience
- 2+ years of experience, preferable in a related field to be successful in this role
- Experience with BI testing, data testing, data manipulation and SQL
- Working knowledge of frameworks like Selenium, Pandas, Numpy, Protractor, Cypress
- Knowledge of API testing and experience using tools like Postman, Jmeter or similar
- Knowledge of CI/CD process, DevOps, Azure, AWS, a plus
- Ability to think critically, gather requirements and take a holistic approach when attacking a project
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Proficient with MS Office.com / Office365
- Experience with JIRA a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, a plus
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies a plus
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance / US Citizen
Vertical Knowledge LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. VK will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to Careers@vk.ai or call 216-920-7795. Please note that this phone line and email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.