Position: Training Initiatives Program Representative
Salary Range: $51,000 – 55,000
Business Unit: Operations
Reports To: Manager of Training Initiatives
Posted: September 8, 2020 – September 22, 2020
About Philadelphia Works, Inc.
Philadelphia Works, Inc is the City’s Workforce Development Board. We are a quasi-public, non-profit organization serving both career seekers and employers.?We invest public resources in a variety of workforce solutions.?These solutions connect Philadelphia residents with employment and training opportunities and help employers find, grow, and retain local talent. For more information about our dedicated board members and staff, workforce news, labor market data, services, innovative initiatives, and current opportunities to connect, please visit www.philaworks.org.
This position will support the Manager of Training Initiatives in attracting, supporting, and managing a robust set of vocational skills training providers contracted to support Philadelphians in reaching their career goals through education. This position will be the primary contact for designated vocational skills training providers. The overall responsibilities will include assessment, planning and continuous improvement based on monitoring results, and effective communication of providers’ operational success.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Responsible for programmatic contract management, ensuring all aspects of the contract scope of services are carried out and deliverables are met within specified timeframes.
• Work closely with internal contracting staff to support training providers throughout the contracting lifecycle, including procurement, contract negotiation and requisition, invoice approvals, and contract close-outs.
• Work closely with contracted training providers to ensure they understand and are prepared to meet programmatic contract requirements and continuously improve each provider’s performance through the following:
-Providing technical assistance and training to inform policy and process guidance.
-Facilitating collaborative relationships between training providers and key stakeholders, including the PA CareerLink® system and employer partners.
-Coordinating programmatic monitoring including site visits, classroom observations, student feedback mechanisms, etc.
-Running data reports to reflect provider performance and drive performance management/continuous improvement efforts.
• Promote Philadelphia Works’ broader organizational training strategy, supporting cross-team efforts to initiate impactful, data-driven training initiatives including, but not limited to, the following activities:
-Developing operational templates to standardize processes and policies across new training initiatives.
-Engaging with prospective training providers to assess their capacity and fit and maintaining an inventory of local training providers.
-Working with industry partners to ensure a clear pipeline from training to employment
-Supporting efforts to develop vocational training preparatory workshops or courses with a focus on academic skills, digital literacy skills, English language skills, etc.
-Identifying or developing online learning modules to supplement vocational training offerings.
• Support continuous improvement and the implementation of new projects/ideas/concepts:
- Be the influencer of change.
-Communicate processes/procedures to providers in a consistent manner.
-Provide training to providers on new processes/procedures, as needed.
-Follow through to ensure consistent and efficient implementation.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Social Science or Business Administration or other Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Education, Business Management or related field with 2-3 years monitoring or quality assurance experience. Previous experience with curriculum development preferred. Previous workforce policy experience is preferred with knowledge of WIOA and TANF regulation law.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Possess strong project management and process improvement skills
• Ability to interpret contract scope of services
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to facilitate online and in-person training
• Experience with asynchronous e-learning courses preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word and Excel and working knowledge of Access and Power Point
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public
• Ability to travel to various locations throughout the city
• Must be relationship-savvy, adaptable, and collaborative
• Ability to multi-task a diverse set of responsibilities
• Ability to adapt to change and manage competing demands
• Ability to work independently with a strong sense of time management to meet deadlines
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.