Assistant/Partner to Outside Sales
• Customer Service
• Sales Liaison with Production, Purchasing, Tech Support
• Project Management
• Primary inside support for outside sales manager
• Inform lead-times, material availability, inventory shortage dates, special purchasing requirements
• Review with manager as needed-Complaints, missing items, late shipments, change orders, extreme customer
• Review major projects (project management) with inside team and communicate questions, concerns and/or
recommendations to manager
• Exercise independent judgement, discretion and decision making about matters of significance regarding
• Review incoming orders for accuracy prior to Sales Order Entry. (required drawings, special order material,
special lead-time/shipping requirements, etc.) Verify terms of payment with accounting and/or note to
request prepayment when necessary.
• Manages Sales Clerk for division. Review Sales Order Data Entry to reduce errors and forward incomplete
orders for further processing. Mentor clerk.
• Strong Product Knowledge for division including netting products, hardware and general installation. Ability
to read drawings, create simple drawings, BOM’s and follow production steps.
• Strong Customer Service and interaction with customers, providing quotes and answering questions or
discussing complaints when sales manager isn’t available.
• Initiate ISO9001 documentation per procedures and complete when necessary.
• Preform duties of Clerk to manage overload of orders and during clerk’s time off.
• Ongoing communication with divisions assistant production manager to inform them of customer
compliments & concerns, pending projects, manage lead-times for rush orders.
• Eligibility for commission will be evaluated once all task can be performed independently and consistently
exceeds expectations in exhibiting the core competencies of the position
Proven customer support experience
• Strong accounting skills
• Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
• Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
• Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
• Excellent communication skills; good written and verbal English
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good organizational skills
• Good computer and keyboard skills
• An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• An ability to work independently and as a team
• Good administrative skills
• Quick to learn
• Proactive responder
• Minimum High school degree, AS degree in business desired