The Communications Assistant provides support to the Communications Department, including assistance with social media, media research, website content and updates, press releases and maintenance and development of media and periodicals distribution lists. In addition, the Assistant provides administrative support to the Director of Communications and Senior Vice President of Communications and Marketing.
- Update and expand press lists. Keep internal database of media contacts up-to-date with specific details about requests and pitches.
- Monitor news for ICC mentions and industry-related topics through Meltwater. Produce and send ICC’s Daily Digest of news clippings to staff and interested stakeholders.
- Manage the news release production process to include distributing releases to the in-house media lists, sending press notices through Meltwater and scheduling releases through the newswire.
- Act as a secondary editor for newsletter distributions when the Periodicals Editor is out of the office.
- Support the Social Media/Website Editor with scheduling social media posts and updating website content as needed.
- Writing and editing support for internal and external publications including press releases, talking points, newsletters, magazines and the external website.
- Update the employee website with news updates and manage the internal staff newsletter production.
- Provide administrative support to the Director and SVP including updating calendars and contacts, booking travel and submitting reimbursements.
- Monitor the Communications Department mailbox and Marketing job entry system. Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Help maintain the sponsorship database, process sponsorship requests and fulfill sponsorship benefits.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.