We are seeking a corporate paralegal to work directly with our attorneys in the firm’s San Antonio office. This individual will assist in preparing and revising various types of corporate documents for the firm’s property owners’ association clients, including governing documents, association policies, as well as researching state and county records and e-filing documents. This individual will also be responsible for managing the office’s administrative tasks.
Primarily assist the attorneys' property owners’ association clients’ by addressing the clients’ needs, including:
· Preparing/reviewing/revising initial drafts of governing documents and policies from precedents
· E-filing and E-recording association documents
· Reviewing/finalizing/mailing violation letters to homeowners
· Researching homeowner/client documents as needed
· Analyzing documents and calendaring critical deadlines
· Scheduling meetings and corresponding with clients and managers
· Managing San Antonio attorneys’ calendars
· Drafting new client engagement agreements
· Organizing new client file setup
· Managing office organization
· Processing incoming and outgoing mail
· Must have regular, reliable attendance in the office
· May also be required to perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
· At least 4 years of experience as a corporate paralegal
· Real estate or property owners’ association experience
· Experience using document-management systems: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
· E-filing/E-recording experience
· Proficiency with state and county records databases
Analytical and Communication Skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Time-management and prioritization skills
· Planning and organizational skills
· Identification of inconsistencies, typos, and incorrect information
· Analysis of corporate documents to identify pertinent information
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to use document-management systems: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
· Quickly learn how to use new computer systems and applications (including web applications).
· Read, analyze and interpret information in various corporate documents
· Effectively present information to, and respond to questions from attorneys, vendors, clients, managers and others.
Roberts Markel Weinberg Butler Hailey PC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.