Palomar Specialty Insurance Company
Palomar Specialty Insurance Company provides catastrophe insurance for personal and commercial property. Headquartered in La Jolla, California, the company was founded in 2014 by a group of insurance veterans who recognized a need for customized options in the catastrophe insurance market nationwide. By offering earthquake, hurricane and flood products through an exclusive network of agents, brokers, wholesalers and program administrators, Palomar ensures its policyholders receive specialized service for catastrophe protection.
Palomar Specialty is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, Palomar is hiring at all levels of the organization and is seeking both experienced insurance professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping build a modern and differentiated insurance business. If you would thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, Palomar would like to talk to you about joining this collaborative and hard-working team.
For more information about the company, visit www.palomarspecialty.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation please.
Palomar Specialty Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Palomar is currently seeking to fill the following position in its Minneapolis office:
Cloud Administrator Position Description:
We are seeking a Lead Cloud Administrator who will take ownership of our cloud environments and lead our IT Services group. This position is responsible for providing leadership and management over Palomar’s cloud operations team. This position should help influence the roadmap, technology stack, and performance of our cloud services. Other responsibilities would include ensuring incidents and outages are well managed, provide guidance to capacity investments, ensure systems are maintained and updated as appropriate, support and enforce IT Information Security Policies and procedures and compiling and reporting overall platform SLA metrics for all IT services within the cloud services.
• Create and administer quality and productivity standards and metrics, ensuring targets are met for all key processes and ensuring the processes are effective and efficient
• Identify and address gaps between employees' current capabilities and what is needed for alignment with strategic direction
• Develop and maintain documentation and procedures pertaining to all business applications
• Provides critical oversight to the I.T. change management effort to ensure stability and security of the infrastructure
• Manages and monitors Cloud solutions on Azure or AWS platforms
• Manages and monitors Security Configuration, patching and troubleshooting on Cloud services
• Working in an agile team
• Developing metrics to track and monitor performance of internal infrastructure
• Available to be part of an on-call rotation
• Demonstrate the ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stake holders
• Develop weekly and monthly reports on team's productivity
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with SOX and other controls
Required Skills Overview:
• Minimum of 4+ years in supervisory or Lead role
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
• Proven deployment & robust applications experience on Google cloud, Azure or AWS Cloud Services
• Storage virtualization technology
• Deploying, maintaining, and operating applications deployed in cloud instances
• Agile practices, including automated testing
• Network configuration and system administration
• Security management of Cloud Services. This includes access control policies are followed, supporting audit activities and ensuring compliance to required industry regulations
• Experience supporting Java applications and platforms
• Operating and administrating software as a service platforms, such as Jira , Intacct, Pega
• Working knowledge of Azure AD with O365
• Working knowledge of SQL server
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or relevant experience
• Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code and related concepts on public cloud
• Demonstrated a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to resolve complex support issues, through research, testing and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal direction
• Experience in finance or insurance industry a plus
• Strong and demonstrable customer service background including interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to others.
• Experience working on both smaller agile teams as well as large scale, multi -team/enterprise level projects
• ITIL Experience / Awareness
• Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and business models
• Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
• Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction