Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Reports To: Association Accounting Supervisor
Summary: The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for the review and processing of Community Association Financial Reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete and distribute Community Association Financial Statements in an accurate and timely manner.
• Responsible for accurate and timely response and resolution to all requests from internal and external clients.
• Ensure that the General Ledger Accountants are delivering the highest level of services to our Associations; look for ways to improve customer satisfaction.
• Work effectively with the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Title Transfer Specialists to resolve issues.
• Thinks outside of the box, treating each Association like they would their own business, providing proactive solutions necessary for excellence in financial reporting.
• Responsible for special projects as required to meet the special needs of the Board of Directors and Community Association Managers.
• Work to make sure the General Ledger Team:
-Maintains “on-time” monthly financial completion rate of 95% or higher.
-Responds to all communications both internally and externally within 24-48 hours.
-Strive for 100% accuracy without sacrificing time.
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance
• Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
• Skill in delivering excellent customer service
• Skill in organization and analytics
• Skill in prioritizing of deadlines and special projects.
• Ability to comprehend and apply accounting concepts
• Ability to read and interpret budgets, general ledgers, and financial reports
• Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
• Ability to utilize different computer software programs
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work as a team within the accounting department.
• Desire to learn and grow in your career.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum one year of general ledger or related accounting experience required
• Two-year degree in Finance, Accounting or related business field preferred
• Experience in community management accounting preferred
Full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick and vacation time, volunteer day of service, and much more!
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.