At Devon Bank, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community. We provide a welcoming and accepting culture that comes from our desire to make diversity, respect and service a priority.
We need your help in continuing this great culture we have at Devon Bank. In return you will have a rewarding career in Mortgage Loan Originating and Banking in general, with a competitive compensation plan and benefits. This is a work from home flexible position, so you may work at home or we can provide you with office space at one of these locations: Chicago-West Rogers Park area, Glenview, Sycamore, Bridgeview and Orland Park.
Here are some details on our opening:
In this role, you will be responsible for residential mortgage originations for residential 1-4 family mortgage loans, as well as managing other Residential Loan Originators. We will provide you with:
• A community bank offering broker, correspondent, non QM and agency direct loan programs.
• In house underwriting and processing
• A tailored marketing program for your success
• Ongoing sales training and personal development
• Complete benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, 401(k) match
• Being a part of a dynamic and collaborative corporate culture that drives you to succeed
You will be responsible for promoting all of Devon Banks products and services as follows:
• Residential financing with our Broker, Conventional, FHA and Non QM products
• Broker, correspondent and direct Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan programs
• Residential financing with Portfolio products held by Devon Bank
• Commercial lending programs
• Treasury management products
• Retail banking products
• Devon Bank Trust products
Other responsibilities include:
• Meet with customers and quickly identify their goals and objectives
• Work standard business hours out of the office.
• Perform sales related activities e.g. calls and take applications.
• Evaluate borrowers’ eligibility and qualify borrowers for loan programs.
• Complete items on Encompass File Checklist and submit loan for review.
• Set and help manage client expectations through funding.
• Step back into loan to assist operations on sales related issues.
• Minimum 2 years of mortgage loan originating experience.
• Previous supervisory experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including excellent follow up capabilities.
• Strong ability and passion for closing deals and negotiating.
• Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls.
• Experience with Encompass preferred