A Security Officer I guards, patrols, and monitors premises to protect individuals and/or Harvest from loss of confidential information or property, physical threats, assault, harassment, kidnapping, and/or stalking. The primary responsibility is to assess security threats and provide the necessary security measures, such as analysis and assessment of risk, threat, and vulnerability, operation of different security measures, as well as mob screening and control. A Security Officer I may also be required to search areas for possible threats, prepare travel routes, and/or operate security equipment. There may be a significant amount of travel and/or irregular hours. This position requires an individual to be dependable, organized, and able to remain vigilant and aware of their surroundings at all times, not become bored by this activity, but must always be ready to take action when needed. They serve and protect with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes Harvest’s culture, values, and mission.
• Please attach a copy of a valid BSIS guard card, and an exposed firearm permit.
• Protect individuals and keep control over a situation until proper authorities can arrive at the spot.
• Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevents the passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
• Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft, and
maintain security of premises.
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized
persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
• Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure the security of doors, windows, and gates.
• Escort or drive a motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
• Confer with management to help develop and/or implement individual and corporate security policies or procedures.
• Provide information to supervisors, staff, and outside contacts by telephone, in written form, email, and/or in person.
• Represent Harvest favorably to the staff, public, and other external sources.
• Develop constructive/cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
• Physical requirements, with or without accommodations, include: Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in times of
urgent/emergency situations; escort difficult subjects off of school/church campus; frequent standing, sitting, climbing, bending,
kneeling, squatting; walking on uneven and/or slippery surfaces; also ability to write necessary incident reports.
• Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.