Position Summary: This position is responsible for the installation, and service of workspace furniture and related products. As a member of the Operations team, this position delivers excellent service to customers and is a positive team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Installation Technician Specific Responsibilities:
• Report to job site on time ready to work
• Dress appropriately- wear proper attire requirements: company provided shirt with jeans or other approved durable bottoms with no holes
• Meet attendance requirements and notify manager when running late
• Review project with lead installer and /or project manager, understand scope of work and plan for completing project.
• Frequently assist with unloading furniture and delivering to client’s office
• Properly and safely assemble furniture per plan.
• Operate in an organized and safe manner.
• Stay on pace, think ahead as you do your work, be efficient and productive, eliminate wasted time
• Ask for help if uncertain or struggling to complete task.
• Respect customer’s surroundings, act professionally, always be aware that you are working in their space.
• Accurately complete time card, including hours worked by day and job #
• Maintain tools and equipment, use the correct tool for the job
• Operate safely, be aware of hazardous conditions, report all unsafe conditions to manager; wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses) when operating power tools.
• Communicate with customers to inform, build trust and confidence, resolve issues, and enhance their overall experience.
• Assist with other projects as needed
2. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand
• Excellence: Be the Best. Commit to the Customer Experience. Attention to Details.
• Integrity: Be Genuine. Dependable. Empathetic.
• Expertise: Be an Authority. Knowledgeable. Confident.
• Creativity: Be Visionary. Inventive. Authentic.
• Work Ethic: Be Tenacious. Execute. Teamwork.
• Fun: Be Positive. Fresh. Collaborate.
3. Other duties as needed to meet business needs
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma and three to five years of installation or field service experience in the commercial furniture industry or related field.
Basic computer entry and ability to use other devices: such as an iPad.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Acquire training course to become a certified installation technician
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Strong mechanical abilities; proficient at working with power tools, equipment, and assembly of components
• Communicates effectively with management, employees, vendors, and customers
• Excellent service and teamwork skills; shows respect when dealing with customers and team members
• Display a positive and open mind at all times with respect to the job duties required for the position
• Looks for ways to consistently improve processes, procedure, efficiency, and quality
• Strong attention to detail; able to complete work both accurately and efficiently
• Applies sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills to resolve work issues
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to quality service and results
• Results-oriented with proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is usually moderate. Exposure to outside weather conditions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.