This position serves as intermediate management and supervision of all matters related to Porter and or custodial activities at property. Primary focus of this role is management of the Porter staff including scheduling of shifts, time off request, performance evaluation(s) and recommendation(s) to the property manager. Work with the Building Superintendent in ordering of Porter supplies while not exceeding annual budget. Closely monitor and assist in all activities to ensure a high level of communication between the Site Operations Manager, the move coordinator and the concierge desk as it relates to scheduling of deliveries, moves, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily and On Demand (Light & Heavy) Housekeeping – Dusting, Polishing, Vacuuming, Mopping, and Guest Suite Turnover, etc.
- Coordinate and assist with Moves and Deliveries – While maintaining Security and Protecting public areas throughout the building
- Interact and Establish friendly and professional relationships with Residents
- Monitor Porter staff for performance and efficiency and make recommendationsto management
- Work with Residents and Staff to prepare for events and meetings
- Respond to all radio/cell calls promptly.
- Ensure that lobby and amenity area reflect 5-star reputation
- Manage Porter staff to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets established standards.
- Monitor and maintain adequate inventory levels to ensure on demand supply levels.
- Coordinate ordering of supplies with Building Superintendent
- Document pertinent information in department logbook.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving, check with manager prior to leaving.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Ordering of supplies as it relates to Porter duties – Work with the Building Superintendent to order supplies, ensuring adequate on demand inventory while not exceeding budget.
- Management and Scheduling of Porter Staff – Manage the Porter staff as it relates to individual job duties as well as holiday coverage, time off request, etc.
- Building Link – Maintain a full understanding of Building Link expressly calendar features (moves, amenity reservations, deliveries, freight elevator reservations, etc.,)
- Move Coordinator – Closely monitor and assist in all activities to ensure a high level of communication between the Site Operations Manager, the move coordinator and the concierge desk expressly as it relates to scheduling of deliveries, moves, etc.
- Other Duties as assigned
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or change duties of the position at any time with or without notice.
- Lead Porter Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Porter / Custodial Staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and making recommendations to management.
- Management skills to ensure adequate performance of Porter / Custodial staff
- Leadership capabilities
- Strong work ethic
- Supplies / Inventory Management
- Ability to prioritize task
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00am to 5pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in janitorial/housekeeping position required
Full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick and vacation time, volunteer day of service, and much more!
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.