About Arbor Biotechnologies:
We believe the solutions to some of the greatest challenges facing humanity are rooted in nature. By harnessing the power of nature to solve complex global problems, we are mining previously unexplored scientific territory. We have built a next generation biodiscovery platform to uncover novel CRISPR enzymes and systems that can power transformative applications across a range of industries. Our actions as a company and as individuals are designed to maximize our impact on problems facing humanity.
CRISPR is a game changer in genome editing and gene therapy. We have discovered a number of novel CRISPR systems that hold promises in therapeutics and diagnostics. We are looking for someone who will play a critical role in translating these discoveries for human health and environmental sustainability.
- Establish robust expression and process development procedures for Arbor lead nucleases
- Establishing appropriate QC specifications and analytical methods to evaluate / monitor protein quality and stability
- Identify and validate conditions for RNP complexation and mammalian cellular delivery for optimum performance
- Conduct formulation screening and analytical assessment to identify suitable protein / RNP formulations
- Scale production processes as appropriate to support internal and external protein / RNP needs
- Manage internal protein production, QC testing, inventory tracking, as well as internal and external materials transfers
- Coordinate with Application Development team to facilitate cross-training and materials handoffs of Arbor lead nuclease RNPs
- Author, revise, and update SOPs as necessary
- Mentor, train, and coach junior team members
- Manage relationships with CROs to support protein Process Development and production
- PhD in Biochemistry or a similar discipline or related experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Deep knowledge of CRISPR gene editing technologies with strong preference for RNP-based delivery modality
- Established ability to develop, optimize, and execute microbial protein expression and purification workflows to produce material suitable for testing in mammalian primary cells (Pharma / Biotech Process Development is a plus)
- Proficiency with biochemical (enzymatic activity, protein: nucleic acid interactions) and bioanalytical (DLS, DSF, SEC-MALS) methods to evaluate protein quality/stability and determine optimal protein/RNP formulations
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture (cell line maintenance, transfection / nucleofection, genomic DNA extraction)
- Demonstrated success in leading projects and mentoring junior team members
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment that is consistent with business standards, practices, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Familiarity with cGMP regulations, FDA/EMA guidance for protein biologics
- Previous experience supporting early process development for protein biologics
- Prior experience establishing and managing relationships with CROs
Arbor Biotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Arbor Biotechnologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Staffing agencies should not send resumes to our People & Community team or to any Arbor Bio employees.
Arbor Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies.