Palomar Specialty Insurance Company provides catastrophe insurance for personal and commercial property. Headquartered in La Jolla, California, our company was founded in 2014 by a group of insurance veterans who saw a need for customized options in the catastrophe market nationwide. By offering our products through an exclusive network of agents, brokers, wholesalers, MGA’s and program administrators, we ensure our policyholders receive specialized service for their catastrophe exposures.
Palomar Specialty is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. If you would thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, hard-working team.
We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator, Cloud to join our team
• Operating and maintaining Cloud solutions on Azure or AWS platforms
• Security Configuration, patching and troubleshooting on Cloud services
• Operating and maintaining web applications running on virtual machines
• Successful Installs, deployments, and scaling management on Azure
• Infrastructure automation
• Aggressive Refactoring
• Creating and maintaining tools to support software developers
• Working in an agile team
• Developing metrics to track and monitor performance of internal infrastructure
• Available to be part of an on-call rotation
Required Skills Overview:
• At least five years of relevant experience in the following areas:
• Proven deployment & robust applications experience on Azure or AWS Cloud Services
• Storage virtualization technology
• Deploying, maintaining, and operating applications deployed in cloud instances
• Agile practices, including automated testing
• Network configuration and system administration
• Security management of Cloud Services. This includes access control policies are followed, supporting audit activities and ensuring compliance to required industry regulations
• Experience supporting Java applications and platforms
• Operating and administrating software as a service platforms, such as Jira , Intacct, Pega
• Working knowledge of Azure AD with O365
• Working knowledge of SQL server
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or relevant experience
• Demonstrated a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience in finance or insurance industry a plus
• Strong and demonstrable customer service background including interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to others.
• Experience working on both smaller agile teams as well as large scale, multi -team/enterprise level projects
• ITIL Experience / Awareness
• Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and business models