The Philanthropic Engagement Associate will focus on carrying a portfolio of mid to high level potential donors for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The Philanthropic Engagement Associate will also work closely with the Director of Philanthropic Engagement and seminary leadership to help shape and achieve fundraising success.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages a caseload of 120-150 donors, a mix of leadership annual donors in the $2,000 - $10,000 range and major gift prospects with the capacity to give $25,000 and greater. The initial fundraising goal will be to raise $250,000 in new major gift commitments through closed proposals submitted directly to donors in the Philanthropic Engagement Associate’s portfolio.
- Prospects for donors using the database, wealth screening, recommendations from stakeholders and other means to identify and qualify donors for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship opportunities.
- Keeps leadership apprised of all significant interactions, inputting contact reports into the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) as required, sharing a continually updated itinerary, fulfilling all monthly outreach and reporting requirements, and consulting with leadership when needed to understand priorities and develop strategies that will benefit both donor and LSTC.
- Stays driven towards goals and focused on portfolio, while making effective use of events and other initiatives to engage with assigned donors and bring them closer to those areas of interest at LSTC.
- Develops major donor/prospect cultivation events (e.g., private receptions, dinners in homes, symposiums, etc.) targeted toward those with high philanthropic capacity and propensity to give.
- Prospects for new donors or opportunities for increased giving from current donors.
- Works as appropriate, with donor leadership volunteers to secure visits with those in their peer networks who are assigned.
- Works in close collaboration with leadership, program, faculty, finance and Advancement staff to present resource development needs that correspond to where donors and prospects reside, while always being responsive to each donor’s interests (even if elsewhere) and attentive to fiduciary responsibilities (donor intent with gifts).
- Ensures excellent customer service is provided to donors through accessibility to staff and leadership (as granted), timely responsiveness, quality in all interactions and personalized communications.
- Works diligently to meet agreed upon monthly and annual activity and income production goals and is purposeful about every visit and communication and the desired outcome for each “touch”.
- Makes face-to-face visits with donors a priority, traveling as required to conduct those meetings.
- Establishes, manages, and fulfills a portfolio communications plan, including individual fundraising goals and personalized strategies, to effectively steward, educate, cultivate and solicit gifts from major donors each year, with an emphasis on gifts of 5 figures and higher.
- Meets regularly with the Director of Philanthropic Engagement to discuss and refine portfolio plans and donor strategies, track progress, receive coaching, and keep open lines of communication.
- Works in close conjunction with other Advancement and Communications staff for optimal integrated strategies in regard to major donor communications as well as overall development initiatives.
- Works with Director of Philanthropic Engagement to create donor outreach strategies for areas of high concentration within the Philanthropic Engagement Associate’s assigned regional responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.