Sunny Lane Foods and Bakery is looking for an excellent Maintenance Technician. Great place to work, pay and benefits.
Summary of Position:
This position assists in the execution of the plant maintenance and assigned projects as directed by the Maintenance Manager. Responsibilities include performing all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and ensure the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR).
1. Responsible for performing and documenting(logging) all designated/required/necessary work assigned regarding facility maintenance and equipment maintenance.
2. Ensures a safe, efficient and effective use of all resources.
3. Follows compliance to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC), National Electrical Code (NEC), and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
4. Ensures responsible use of self-owned and company tools and equipment.
5. Follows all training and safety guidelines.
6. Precisely follows all work order assignments and communicates all variances to department manager(s)/supervisor.
7. Performs all work in a quality manner and follow all directions given by your department manager with integrity.
8. Facilitates improvements to pre-planned job packages with maintenance/department manager/supervisor.
9. Identifies, arranges and tracks the skills training and development needs of each team member and ensures assignment of mechanics to specific jobs are relative to individual abilities.
10. Assists managers and supervisors to ensure that good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed throughout the department and facility.
11. Provides support and leadership in troubleshooting equipment as necessary/required.
12. Follows established programs, policies and practices to produce safe, quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
13. Accountable to the Sunny Lane Foods Manufacturing, Safety and Quality Principles.
14. Must be able to:
• Work with and trouble shoot: Sensors, heaters, printers, conveyers, bearings, gears, drives, chains, sprockets,3 phase AC and DC motors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Use electrical meters, calipers, Microsoft word and have some ability to work with maintenance systems on the computer.
• Have Knowledge of 277/480 VAC, VFDS,120VAC to 24VDC Control logic, the ability to read electrical schematics, work with Allen Bradly 5000 PLCs and HVAC Is helpful but not required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
1. Three or more years of trade/mechanical field experience.
2. High school diploma or GED, Associate Technical degree preferred.
3. General mechanical and machine use experience, including drill press, grinder, saws and common shop tools.
4. Have basic applied knowledge of basic trades including carpentry, plumbing, painting, masonry, etc.
1. Strong technical aptitude, effective and efficient
2. Strong diagnostics and problem-solving skills
3. Communication skills, written and verbal.
4. Solid work ethic, trustworthy, team player.
1. Ability to work flexible hours including weekends in support of plant operations.
2. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. in a safe manner.
3. Must be able to work in a valiantly controlled facility atmosphere (temp and humidity).
4. Must be able to work at an efficient pace to complete tasks in a timely manner.
5. Required to bring personal hand tools and toolbox.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sunny Lane Foods and Bakery is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law. Each person is evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit. Sunny Lane Foods and Bakery’ policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, job assignments and promotions, working conditions, scheduling, educational and recreational programs.