Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Senior Project Manager or Vice President of Construction Services
Department: Construction Services
Exemption Status: Exempt/Salary
Summary: The Project Manager provides field support for Hammersmith Construction Services and provides on-site inspection of projects to insure quality and timeliness of assigned projects.
Area of coverage: Westminster, Lafayette, Boulder
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Scope of Repair and/or Scope of Work
- Send out prepared scope in a usable Request for Proposal (RFP) format.
- Respond to Request for Information (RFI’s) from bidding contractors in a timely manner.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings, on-site when appropriate.
- Perform project Safety Checks.
- Make scheduled site visits and document project with Daily Report in approved format.
- Document and provide resolution to major project incidents by completing Occurrence Reports.
- Photo document site visit with progress photos
- Schedule site visit to compile Punch List items and schedule repairs with contractor
- Schedule and conduct Final Inspection and finalize project
- Attend weekly Construction Services team meetings
- Ensure 100% of all project documents are completed in a timely manner for appropriate distribution. This includes Field Reports, RFP’s, and other documents as assigned.
- Ensure that all proposed solutions are consulted on by the preferred contractors before conveying this to the Ability to make accurate assumptions as to how work should be resolved once and for all. This will require consulting with our preferred Contractors to make sure the proposed solution to the board is the correct one for what has been requested.
- Ensure that all committed dates are met and if there is an inability to do so that this immediately addressed with the Director of Construction Services.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance.
- Skill in organization and analytics
- Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
- Skill in identifying potential risks and providing solutions
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to be diplomatic
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to utilize different computer software programs
- Ability to lead large projects
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
- Drivers license and clean driving record
Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree preferred
- 3 years of experience in the construction industry required
- 5 years of experience as a project manager preferred
- 5 years of experience as an estimator preferred
Full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick and vacation time, volunteer day of service, and much more!
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.