Swanson Rink is an established engineering firm in the Mission Critical Industry. As we continue to grow our business, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team.
Swanson Rink’s Senior Electrical Engineer’s partner with our clients and team members to execute highly technical mission critical projects. This position is the technical lead for specific clients including hyperscale, colocation and enterprise. At Swanson Rink, our engineers are supported by specific Project Management and BIM staff allowing our engineers for focus specifically on developing engineering solutions for our clients.
This role sets the standards and directs designing and engineering tasks to ensure system is complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practices and per contract. Develops plans, specifications and inspection reports to ensure items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice and conducting engineering projects through all phases of development by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Designs electrical systems for mission critical/data centers.
- Performs required design calculations.
- Proficient in use of word processing and spreadsheet software, and computer assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks.
- Provides technical supervision of assigned electrical designers, electrical engineers and CAD staff.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company, Clients and the Client's design team participating in a project.
- Demonstrates expert application of local and national building codes all applicable safety codes and industry standards
- Exhibits comprehensive knowledge of design/engineering contracts including provisions of standard forms of agreement between: Owner/Architect, Owner/Engineer, Architect/Engineer, etc.
- Provides mentoring and training to electrical staff.
- Functional: Provides leadership by functioning as a sought-after technical and project-procedures information resource.
- Supervisory: Provides leadership by utilization of exceptional motivational skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with subordinates.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and design experience in at least four of the categories listed below, along with a good working knowledge of one additional category.
- Lighting design, including lighting fixture selection, layout, circuiting, and controls for interior and exterior applications.
- Power design, including layout and circuiting of receptacles, miscellaneous equipment, mechanical equipment, and completion of panel schedules.
- Design of intermediate to complex electrical one-line diagrams.
- Technology systems design relating to the layout of fire alarm, security, telecommunications and audio/video equipment.
- Short circuit and voltage drop calculations.
- Fuse and circuit breaker coordination studies.
- Power design associated with UPS and generator support systems.
- Prepare studies on various electrical systems, identify options and potential solutions. Provide related cost comparisons.
- Development of specifications for the lighting and power systems.
- Review of contractor’s shop drawings and submittals.
- Conduct construction observations and prepare reports.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited four-year college or university. Successful performance at this career level typically requires 10 - 15 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory/leaderships skills and/or minimum of three years supervisory experience or combination of skills and experience necessary to lead a team of Engineers.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required.
- Establishment of an NCEES Record is required to facilitate the application process for professional registration in multiple states.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
EEO/AA – M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Employer
Salary will be based on several factors including: experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity. The pay range and benefits offered for this position is expected to be:
- $100,000 - $135,000
- Health care benefits, company paid holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k)