Sets the standards and directs designing and engineering tasks to ensure system is complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practices and per contract. Develops plans, specifications and inspection reports to ensure items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice and conducting engineering projects through all phases of development by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Designs mechanical systems for commercial and institutional buildings.
- Performs required design calculations.
- Proficient in use of word processing and spreadsheet software, computer assisted engineering, and design software to perform engineering tasks.
- Technical supervision of assigned project engineers, mechanical designers, mechanical engineers and CAD staff.
- Coordinate technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company, Client's and Client's design team participating in a project.
- Demonstrates expert application of local and national building codes and all applicable safety codes and industry standards and International Building Codes, including building, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and fuel gas codes.
- Exhibits comprehensive of design/engineering contracts including provisions of standard forms of agreement between: Owner/Architect, Owner/Engineer, Architect/Engineer, etc.
- Provides mentoring and training to mechanical staff.
- Functional: Provides leadership by functioning as a sought-after technical and project-procedures information resource.
- Supervisory: Provides leadership by utilization of exceptional motivational skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with subordinates.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and design experience in at least four of the categories listed below, along with a good working knowledge of one additional category.
- HVAC systems, including selection of HVAC equipment for building applications
- Central HVAC plant systems
- Plumbing and sprinkler fire protection systems
- Fire suppression systems such as AFFF, dry chemical
- Mechanical design including computation of building heating and cooling loads and Halon 1301
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET-accredited four-year college or university. Successful performance at this career level typically requires 10 - 15 years of relevant work experience. Demonstrated supervisory/leaderships skills and/or minimum of three years supervisory experience or combination of skills and experience necessary to lead a team of Engineers
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required.
- Establishment of an NCEES Record is required (facilitates the application process for professional registration in multiple states)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
EEO/AA – M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Employer
Salary will be based on several factors including: experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity. The pay range and benefits offered for this position is expected to be:
- $100,000 - $135,000
- Health care benefits, company paid holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k)