Sets the standards and directs designing and engineering tasks to ensure system is complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practices and per contract. Develops plans, specifications and inspection reports to ensure items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice and conducting engineering projects through all phases of development by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Designs mechanical systems for commercial and institutional buildings.
2. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and design experience in at least four of the categories listed below, along with a good working knowledge of one additional category.
a. HVAC systems, including selection of HVAC equipment for building applications
b. Central HVAC plant systems
c. Plumbing and sprinkler fire protection systems
d. Fire suppression systems such as AFFF, dry chemical
e. Mechanical design including computation of building heating and cooling loads and Halon 1301
3. Performs required design calculations.
4. Proficient in use of word processing and spreadsheet software, computer assisted engineering, and design software to perform engineering tasks.
5. Technical supervision of assigned project engineers, mechanical designers, mechanical engineers and CAD staff.
6. Coordinate technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company, Client's and Client's design team participating in a project.
7. Demonstrates expert application of local and national building codes and all applicable safety codes and industry standards and International Building Codes, including building, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and fuel gas codes.
8. Exhibits comprehensive of design/engineering contracts including provisions of standard forms of agreement between: Owner/Architect, Owner/Engineer, Architect/Engineer, etc.
9. Provides mentoring and training to mechanical staff.
10. Functional: Provides leadership by functioning as a sought-after technical and project-procedures information resource.
11. Supervisory: Provides leadership by utilization of exceptional motivational skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with subordinates.
Other Job Responsibilities
1. Maintains general appearance of work areas.
2. Acts and communicates in a positive and friendly manner in order to get along with clients, customers, co-workers and management.
3. Responsible for fostering and maintaining good client relationships.
4. Maintains a superior level of service to our clients.
5. Presents the client with a “positive experience” throughout all interactions.
6. Helps create and develop ideas for new marketing initiatives for both new and existing market segments.
7. Helps to identify and cultivate new clients for both new and existing market segments.
8. Helps to reinforce and enhance the Swanson Rink marketing goals.
9. Positively contributes to the dynamic Swanson Rink team environment and its industry leading position.
10. Follows all required safety procedures in the field and in the office.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET-accredited four-year college or university. Successful performance at this career level typically requires 10 - 15 years of relevant work experience. Demonstrated supervisory/leaderships skills and/or minimum of three years supervisory experience or combination of skills and experience necessary to lead a team of Engineers
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado required
• Establishment of an NCEES Record is required (facilitates the application process for professional registration in multiple states)
• Ability and willingness to obtain professional engineering licensure in multiple states
• Extensive experience and proficiency in conducting engineering projects through all phases of development
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; to express ideas; to share information; and to prepare clear, well-organized correspondence, reports and similar documents
• Proven ability to train and motivate employees by developing team building activities
• Knowledge of fundamental business principles and practices, e.g., chargeable versus billable time, invoicing procedures, chargeable expenses, cost versus billing rate and profit margins
• Must be authorized to work in the United States