1. Development of submittals including architecture, controller type, actuator/sensor types, and protocol interfaces to 3rd party devices (including the research needed to determine what’s needed for the interface, the data available, and how to divide up the sequence of operation between, say, an RTU and the BAS).
2. Experience in how sequences and points are affected by the criticality level of the facility.
3. Sequence of operation writing that shall include point and digitally communicated data selection.
4. Mechanical (HVAC) design knowledge
5. Electrical Engineering
6. Basic IP Networking knowledge is Required
7. Must be open to learning new BAS systems without bias towards various systems and adapt specifications accordingly.
Other Job Responsibilities
1. Maintains general appearance of work areas by keeping areas neat and orderly.
2. We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• 5 years of experience in Controls engineering.
• Professional Engineer (PE)
Experience in the following is preferred but not required
• Installation experience with low voltage wiring (analog and digital/comm including IP), control panel construction and installation; point-to-point, integration, sequence testing; and troubleshooting.
• Programming - development of DDC programs including that required for integration.
• Will be required from time to time.
Work Authorization / Security Clearance
• Must be authorized to work in the United States