1. Development of submittals including architecture, controller type, actuator/sensor types, and protocol interfaces to 3rd party devices (including the research needed to determine what’s needed for the interface, the data available, and how to divide up the sequence of operation between, say, an RTU and the BAS).
2. Experience in how sequences and points are affected by the criticality level of the facility.
3. Sequence of operation writing that shall include point and digitally communicated data selection.
4. Basic IP Networking knowledge is Required
5. Mechanical (HVAC) design knowledge
- Advanced understanding what equipment/systems work best in which applications, the limitations of various equipment/systems concerning “controllability” and reliability, how to coordinate with the mechanical engineer/design to understand this for a given project and make suggestions to improve the design
- Ability to review mechanical design drawings for use in coordination with the BAS design and to supplement the above coordination.
- Experience with codes/standards concerning controls requirements (which is mainly the energy conservation codes/standard).
6. Electrical Engineering
- Experience in coordinating with electrical design engineers concerning where circuits are needed & the types of circuits required (i.e., UPS and/or dual-source fed), and identifying which portions of the BAS should be fed by which circuits.
- Knowledge of PMS’s (e.g., Power Logic or ION) to make sure that there is a clear understanding of the demarcation between this design and the BAS, and to provide architecture & protocol knowledge support.
- Knowledge of SCADA and PLC (i.e., used for electrical systems’ control).
7. Must be open to learning new BAS systems without bias towards various systems and adapt specifications accordingly.
- Ability to research the capabilities of BAS systems and products (e.g., BTL listings, partial vs. full IP comm., partial vs. full custom programming & what controllers have time clocks; how this affects the optimum architecture, integration & system reliability in critical facilities; and what systems/products do vs. don’t meet the projects requirements).
- Strong writing skills for specifications & sequences of operation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of experience in Controls engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Travel will be required from time to time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
EEO/AA – M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Employer
Salary will be based on several factors including: experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity. The pay range and benefits offered for this position is expected to be:
- $80,000 - $105,000
- Health care benefits, company paid holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k)