We are seeking a PCB/CAD Specialist to join our Hardware team alongside a team of experienced and highly motivated engineers, and professionals in sales, marketing, and operations.
Just as GPS drove huge gains in efficiency and safety across industries, so will microlocation technology do the same in the built environment, where GPS doesn’t work. Internet of Things. Robotics. Industrial automation. It all starts with location. Microlocation is the common thread that ties these technologies together.
Humatics has developed a breakthrough microlocation system that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with submillimeter precision – enabling new uses of industrial automation and human-machine interaction.
- Willingness to help solve problems for the long term while tackling short term problems.
- Maintain our Altium DB for parts and the processes related to managed Altium projects.
- Circuit board Layout.
- Work with the engineering team to develop lean, lightweight processes that enhance the speed and consistency of our designs, including ownership of the change control process.
- Help ensure the quality and integrity of the information contained in our Altium DB, and Arena DB.
- Maintain Altium DB and Arena DB server operation with support from IT.
- Ensure that proper backups of Altium and Arena DB are being maintained.
- Assist in developing an as-built configuration DB that keeps track of the repair and revision history of what's in the field. And has a robust process behind it to keep track of engineering modifications to hardware and manufacturing repairs.
- Ultimately this role is about making the day-to-day work of the engineering team and MFG teams more efficient and effective.
- 3+ years of direct PCB layout experience
- Familiarity with PCBA manufacturing
- Knowledge of applicable standards including IPC 600, 610 and soldering standards
- Experience working with Arena DB, Altium Nexus, and Solidworks PDM a Plus
- Skilled at developing assembly process documentation
- Self-starter with excellent organization, communication skills, and a focus on quality
- CID certification a plus https://www.ipc.org/recentcid.aspx
- Bachelors or Associate Degree is a plus, but not required
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage startup
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and unlimited vacation
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
This position is based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA.
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.