We are seeking a Senior Algorithms Engineer to join our Transit & Rail Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will have a proven background in sensor fusion of IMU, UWB, GNSS, Cameras and/or LIDARs for localization algorithms. We’re eager to meet enthusiastic, engaged people wanting to join our team and help create the microlocation revolution. Exceptional candidates may be considered for a Principal Algorithms Engineer position.
Just as GPS drove huge gains in efficiency and safety throughout the transit and rail industries, Humatics’ microlocation technology delivers centimeter or better performance in environments where GPS doesn’t work.
Humatics Rail Navigation system --- using simple radio-frequency technology, sensor fusion, and a solutions-oriented approach --- pinpoints trains with subcentimeter precision accelerating signal modernization, improving revenue service reliability, reducing system maintenance, expediting completion of capital programs, and enhancing worker, rider and system safety through a variety of applications that build upon a single microlocation foundation.
What You Will Be Working On
- You own localization algorithms that provide accurate and robust navigation in demanding transit applications.
- You define requirements for sensor fusion algorithms based on system requirements as well as planning and execution of development milestones.
- You will work with the Product Management and Technology teams to conceive, develop, and build new features for systems and solutions.
- You will collaborate to implement and integrate algorithms into our solutions.
- You will work with the System Test team for integration testing and data analysis for continuous improvements to the system.
- 3-5 years experience (with Master’s degree) or 5-8 years experience (with Bachelor’s degree) developing software products related to perception and localization using sensor fusion based algorithms.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Robotics, Electrical, Computer, Software or Aerospace Engineering.
- Expert knowledge in localization and sensor fusion algorithms (e.g., Kalman or Particle filters) including development and implementation
- Fluency in C/C++ and a demonstrated ability to produce product ready code.
- Experience developing algorithms in safety critical (vital) systems
- Prototyping algorithms and developing simulations using C++, Python or Matlab.
- Develop data analysis and testing methods using hardware and simulation pipelines.
- Experience developing and optimizing software for Linux operating systems on x86 and ARM architectures.
- You have the ability, aptitude and attitude to be involved in the integration, deployment, and testing of technology in a wide variety of environs.
- You’re capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously --- Estimating, tracking, and completing work on time and within budget. Results are key to successful completion of products and/or major projects. You are fully capable of executing work to ensure fulfillment of requirements and validating work against requirements.
- You are a subject matter expert within your specialty and possesses an understanding of how your subject matter interacts with other systems. You develop innovative solutions to unique problems. Your professional abilities and accomplishments are recognized throughout the company.
- You’re capable of deriving requirements that are reviewed/approved by others and executing against those requirements. You determine the WHAT and the HOW.
- Works mostly independently with minimal supervision. Your work is reviewed at milestones such as code reviews or design reviews with the expectation that work meets all requirements and standards.
- You exercise initiative/judgment in work methods and in interpreting goals. You proactively identify required work, risks and solutions within your subject area, and communicate them to stakeholders.
- You can, as required, travel to support customer projects.
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
This position is based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA.
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.