Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA's team members use our careers — whether in our clinics or our business office — to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
This is essentially a float position, where the colleague may be deployed into any number of functions as needed.
Our TOA Clinic Operations Specialist is a core element of the daily operation of our clinics. This role plays a part with both our clinicians and clinic operations where the responsibilities might include:
- Greet patients in a professional and engaging manner
- Check in and check out duties to ensure clinic runs on time
- Update insurance information for timely charge posting Daily Dictation Verification
- Fax labs and hospital reports including operative reports
- Clinic chart prep (review chart daily for visits)
- Liaison for athletic trainers, school athletes for Sports MDs, and outside offices
- Provide No Show form to provider at end of each clinic and give to front desk to reschedule and/ or document
- Coordinate Hospital Consult calls with On Call Physician when records required
- Provide exceptional patient care, including the rooming of patients, and escorting patients to/from ancillary services as
- Obtain patient medical histories, obtain chief complaints, take vital signs, and prepare patients for examination and
- Review patient charts and files for completeness
- Respond to patient or payor phone calls
- Assist the physician with other clinic operations activities as directed
- Fill prescriptions
- Reconcile Medication lists for accuracy
- Update chart information before Physician sees patient
- Work with other nurses on intake forms
- Make return appointments
- Answer patient calls and work voicemails
- Help with surgery clearances
- Schedule Peer to peer
- Managing incoming faxes (Plan of cares, progress notes, etc.)
Among the qualifications for our Clinic Operations Specialist:
- Demonstrated success providing or supporting exceptional patient care in a clinical environment.
- At least one year medical office administration experience is preferred, with demonstrated success understanding some experience in an orthopaedic office a plus
- Experience as a medical assistant or athletic training is a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated success in front desk duties and understanding of insurance payers
- Medical Assistant certificate required for Intake and Rooming patients
- Experience with an EHR or NEXTGEN is a plus
- An exceptional focus on the patient experience, and are passionate about providing excellent care and compassion to our patients and their families
- The candidate is energetic and has an enthusiastic pace at work.
- This person will be able to swiftly and accurately manage the flow of patients, without any diminishing focus on patient care
- The candidate is flexble, and understands that no two days may be the same, and it excites them to adjust to hose changes
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers