This position is responsible for leading and planning the billing operations for a 5-person department. The individual is responsible for designing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes for the agency. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the department.
• Oversee and manage accounts receivable records by program and customers for the agency, including billing and collections
• Month-end closing of the billing group, Prepare journal entries and reconcile the General Ledger AR and revenue accounts, including substantiating financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Monthly AR aging reconciliation to the General Ledger
• Reconcile all Fiscal Intermediary billing with all Fiscal Intermediary Payroll
• Comply with all Mass Health billing regulations regarding re-bills, denials, over 90 days issues, and any other directives from Mass Health
• Assist with year-end audits by compiling documentation including schedules, bank account information, account analysis and related computerized summaries and provide to CFO and/or audit personnel upon request.
• Plan and implement quality assurance and audit trail for all processes
• Planning and management of software programs to facilitate agency wide billing
• Personnel training and development, including Team building exercises
• Performance Review of Billing personnel
• Develop and update Billing Manual for Stavros
• Ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a billing department
• Track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
• Detail oriented with an Accounting background
• Knowledge of GAAP and Accrual Accounting Principles
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and or four (4) or more years of related experience and or training. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, numbers oriented, accurate, and knowledgeable about the General Ledger and Accounts Receivable processes. Advanced Microsoft Excel experience is a plus.