Develops plans, specifications, and inspection reports for electrical equipment, facilities, components, products and systems to ensure these items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice. Works closely with Project Managers, Project Engineers and Senior Engineers. Conducts engineering projects through all phases of development by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Designs electrical systems for mission critical/data centers.
2. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and design experience in at least three of the categories listed below, along with a good working knowledge of one additional category.
a. Lighting design, including lighting fixture selection, layout, circuiting, and controls for interior and exterior applications.
b. Power design, including layout and circuiting of receptacles, miscellaneous equipment, mechanical equipment, and completion of panel schedules.
c. Design of intermediate to complex electrical one-line diagrams.
d. Technology systems design relating to the layout of fire alarm, security, telecommunications and audio/video equipment.
e. Short circuit and voltage drop calculations.
f. Fuse and circuit breaker coordination studies.
g. Power design associated with UPS and generator support systems.
h. Prepare studies on various electrical systems, identify options and potential solutions. Provide related cost comparisons.
i. Development of specifications for the lighting and power systems.
j. Review of contractor’s shop drawings and submittals.
k. Conduct construction observations and prepare reports.
3. Performs required design calculations.
4. Displays expertise in use of word processing and spreadsheet software, and computer assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks.
5. Provides technical supervision of assigned electrical designers, electrical engineers and CAD staff.
6. Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company, Clients and the Client's design team participating in a project.
7. Exhibits familiarity with local and national building codes. Demonstrates expertise in application of all applicable safety codes and industry standards
8. Exhibits broad knowledge of design/engineering contracts including provisions of standard forms of agreement between: Owner/Architect, Owner/Engineer, Architect/Engineer, etc.
9. Takes a lead role in planning, organizing and implementing engineering and design presentation standards.
10. Trains and motivate employees by developing team building activities.
11. Assists in training/mentoring new employees.
Other Job Responsibilities
1. Maintains general appearance of work areas.
2. Acts and communicates in a positive and friendly manner in order to get along with clients, customers, co-workers and management.
3. Responsible for fostering and maintaining good client relationships.
4. Maintains a superior level of service to our clients.
5. Presents the client with a “positive experience” throughout all interactions.
6. Helps to create and develop ideas for new marketing initiatives for both new and existing market segments.
7. Helps to identify and cultivate new clients for both new and existing market segments.
8. Helps to reinforce and enhance the Swanson Rink marketing goals.
9. Required to complete Swanson Rink supervisory training program.
10. Follows all required safety procedures in the field and in the office.
11. We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.