Do you want to be a part of a team of professionals who work together to provide patients with the best care possible? Do you want to work for the oldest, strongest and most trusted orthopedic group in the Iowa City Area? Do you want to be rewarded for the outstanding work that you do? If you answered yes to these questions, we would love to have you as a part of the Steindler team!
This position features:
-Generous pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401k and profit sharing plan!
-Continuing education reimbursement!
-No night or weekend shifts!
-No call required!
-Paid Time off and holidays!
• Maintain good communication with staff and patients
• Disinfect physician/medical assistant work area, exam tables, and desks
• Escort patient to exam room/x-ray/scheduling
Obtain and document vitals
Review and document patient drug allergies
Ensure physician has required forms in chart
Prepare/gown patient for exam
Review medical information forms for completion
• Prepare patient and assist physician with injections and aspirations
• Assist physician with minor office procedures
• Call in prescriptions per physician order; document in chart
• Clean and prepare exam rooms for next patient appointment
• Complete and process FMLA, disability, and all other forms
• Operating knowledge and daily maintenance of fax, printer, and copy machines
• Workable knowledge of electronic medical record systems (EMR) a plus
• Proficient computer skills
• Retrieve phone messages, return phone calls, and chart documentation in a timely manner
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the team leader, administration, or physicians
• Train to work in the Fluoroscopy Clinic
We are taking the necessary steps to protect and prevent the spread of Covid-19 with daily temperature checks, frequent hand washing and sanitizing, following social distancing guidelines, and wearing personal protective equipment as recommended for each position. We are also finding other ways to encourage team work, have some fun, and maintain communication while we can’t gather as a large group!
-Applicable Medical Certification Required
-ATC certification a plus
-Experience with EMR
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm.
Required Attire: Black scrubs
Apply online at www.steindlerorthopedic.com/about/careers.