A Roving Substitute serves as back-up personnel in many areas of the school. Areas include: 1) Office - Performs routine clerical functions, greets visitors, administers first aid to students. 2) Teacher Assistant – Follows direction from the classroom teacher. 3) Playground/Day Care – Oversees play activities, council students as needed. 4) Security – Signs in/badges all visitors, security sweeps, observes movement of students and adults on campus. 5) Library – Check books in/out. 6) Hot Lunch – Pick up blue bags from classrooms, empty and sort contents, prepare/run snack cart, print lunch count and call in to Café, collect lunch cards from students during lunch. He/She serves with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes Harvest’s mission, culture and values
• Greet visitors, answer the telephone and walkie-talkie and route all calls to the appropriate people.
• Administer first aid to students.
• Follows direction from the classroom teacher.
• Assists students, grades papers, prepare student folders.
• Oversees play activities, supervise students, council students as needed.
• Participate and monitor students’ recreational activities to ensure participation and safety.
• Sign in late students and visitors; badge visitors.
• Perform periodic security sweeps of the building and quad area.
• Assist in perimeter checks.
• Observe movement of student to ensure safe transport from one location to another.
• Check books in and out; Assist students in finding books.
• Pick up blue bags from classrooms, empty and sort contents.
• Prepare snack cart and run during recess.
• Print lunch count and call order in to Café.
• Collect lunch cards from students during lunch.
• Physical requirements, with or without accommodation, include: prolonged periods
of sitting, standing, walking, handling materials, keyboard typing, hand motion, foot motion,
looking at a computer screen
• Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.
• Must be 18 years old or older to apply.
Salary Range: $15.50 - $16.20 Per Hour