Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability- TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact- TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment- The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards- TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The Payment Posting Specialist is an essential part of our revenue cycle team. A typical day to day would consist of:
- Check the adjustment ledger report of all things posted the prior business day
- Obtain payment batch information from the lockbox, EFT's, or payment navigator
- Enter and/or complete payment batches within NextGen
- Check emails or inbox for any posting corrections and bring them to resolution
- Run an adjustment report of actual vs. expected payments received based on payer contracts or mandated fee schedules (i.e.: Medicare, Medicaid, and Work Comp)
- Post Payments from the MBX lock box and/or ERA file
- Run a transaction balance report at the end of the day to ensure that all cash posted is balanced
- Payments and adjustments should be posted within a 24-48 hour turnaround time.
- Payments received in a given month must be posted by the close of the month and at times this may require overtime and/or work hours that are outside of the normal assignment in order to ensure completion
- Assist with a variety of projects and performs other duties as assigned
Please note: This position is required to work at our Central Business Office for at least the 90-day Introductory Period and may be required to work from the CBO from time to time. Ability to work out of our Nashville work site is required.