Cadence Consulting Corporation (also known as the Cadence Group) is looking for an Experienced Sarbanes-Oxley Consultant.
The duties of this role include:
- Perform business process risk assessments to identify financial reporting risks
- Document current processes in both flowchart and narrative form, identifying key financial risks and mitigating controls (or lack thereof).
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP), United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (U.S. GAAS) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards in performing audits of internal control environments.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of control procedures to address risks identified as part of compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) section 404 and the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) 2013.
- Produce extensive documentation in accordance with Big 4/ industry guidelines
- Perform the audit of the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, which adheres to the relevant professional standards; keeping up-to-date with technical developments; taking action to develop digital literacy; and, using the firm's knowledge and research tools to support the sharing of information.
- Travel domestically up to 2 trips per quarter up to 5 days per trip. Travel internationally up to 2 trips per year, up to 12 days per trip.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field. Foreign equivalent degree accepted.
- 1 year experience as an Audit Associate. 1 year of experience as an Audit Associate to include experience in consulting and auditing SOX 404 engagements. 1 year experience to also include experience in performing external audits on SOX engagements with a Big 4 accounting firm as well as assisting clients in a consulting role to perform management’s assessment of internal controls in connection with SOX. Demonstrable ability to use U.S. GAAP, U.S. GAAS, and PCAOB standards in performing audits of internal control environments.
- Demonstrable ability to use SOX compliance requirements including SOX 404 and COSO 2013 in performing tests of design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Must be willing to travel domestically up to 2 trips per quarter up to 5 days per trip. Must be willing to travel internationally up to 2 trips per year, up to 12 days per trip.
If interested, please apply and attach your resume.