We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior FPGA Engineer who has extensive experience designing, implementing, testing, and debugging embedded systems with a focus on FPGA design and also has a strong understanding of hardware design and troubleshooting. This role will be responsible for a Verilog code base, designing and implementing new modules and features that directly support product goals. You will be a key player involved in every step of the embedded development life cycle, with shared responsibility for continuous improvement. Our Senior FPGA Engineer will develop on the Xilinx Zynq platform, which includes interfacing with higher level embedded software as well as a number of hardware peripherals.
Just as GPS drove huge gains in efficiency and safety across industries, so will microlocation technology do the same in the built environment, where GPS doesn’t work. Internet of Things. Robotics. Industrial automation. It all starts with location. Microlocation is the common thread that ties these technologies together.
Humatics has developed a breakthrough microlocation system that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with submillimeter precision – enabling new uses of industrial automation and human-machine interaction.
- You will own the FPGA component of our Zynq-based design.
- You will design, develop, document, test, debug, and maintain associated FPGA modules and Verilog code.
- You will lead peer design reviews of your work and participate in embedded software and hardware design reviews.
- You will continuously drive to improve reliability, efficiency, and scalability of the embedded system.
- You will collaborate with hardware colleagues on design and development regularly.
- You will work closely with DSP engineers to design and implement efficient solutions to advanced signal processing problems.
- You will stay up to date with the state of the art in FPGA/embedded design by attending conferences/webinars and continuously make suggestions for improvements.
- BSEE with 8+ years or MSEE/PH.D preferred with 6+ years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Extensive experience with Verilog
- Experience designing for the Zynq or other Xilinx platforms
- Applied knowledge of Xilinx Vivado design suite
- Proficiency in design flow including items such as RTL/gate level simulation, synthesis, place and route
- Experience with verification of complex RTL blocks
- Demonstrated ability to implement DSP solutions using a combination of standard IP as well as custom RTL
- Proficiency designing and implementing RTL for custom serial comms (SPI/I2C)
- Experience with the design and implementation of state machines
- Experience implementing Xilinx Gigabit Ethernet IP blocks
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement DMA controllers
- Experience designing for systems using LVDS
- Highly proficient in reading and understanding schematics, datasheets, and timing diagrams
- Participated in full development lifecycle including hardware requirements specification, FPGA design, implementation, simulation, schematic review, functional testing
- Strong background in hands-on debug and validation using oscilloscope, DMM, function generator, and logic analyzer
- Ability to accurately scope level of effort and time required to complete tasks
- Ability to document systems, including state machines, register mapping/usage, hardware/software interfaces, timing diagrams, and module requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of pcb design
- Experience with other FPGA/SoC platforms such as TI or Altera
- Understanding of security design principles and practices
- Familiarity with Vitis and basic understanding of embedded software development cycle
- Working knowledge of 802.11 and higher level protocols such as TCP/IP
- Basic knowledge of Python and Bash
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage startup
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and unlimited vacation
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
This position is based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA.
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.