The Membership Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Branding, Marketing & Member Experience to support the Marketing and Membership teams, executing marketing communications for membership campaigns to prospective, existing, and lapsed members of the seven professional associations managed by Scientific Societies. This position is a key component to the success of the marketing team to engage and retain new and existing members through a variety of digital and traditional channels, including social media, email, newsletters, direct mail, trade advertising, websites, and other online content. In addition, the coordinator may also undertake administrative tasks associated with the teams they support, including member outreach and response, invoicing, mailings, and other related activities.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The primary areas of accountability for the Membership Marketing Coordinator are to:
- Write effective digital and traditional multi-channel communication pieces, including (but not limited to) emails, direct mail pieces, flyers, social media posts, collateral pieces, website content, trade advertisements, and banner ads.
- Enhance membership growth and retention by implementing targeted marketing strategies, working with team members to ensure consistent execution of efforts.
- Manage regularly scheduled member newsletters and website news announcements for several associations using strong project management skills to gather submissions across the organization and meet delivery timelines
- Develop member communications, including automated email campaigns for membership renewal and member retention campaigns.
- Maintain marketing and content calendars for member communications. Propose messaging that aligns to the brand and tone of each organization for all communication channels.
- Support annual meeting marketing and communications for each association by developing and executing communications for promotional campaigns, as well as on-site and virtual meeting resources and collateral.
- Help make the teams make data-based marketing decisions: monitor professional association and membership industry trends and best practices; track membership statistics; support the programming of membership surveys and online advertising efforts; analyze survey and online advertising statistics to make recommendations for future initiatives.
- Keep current on marketing communication trends (social media, email, web, etc.) and web analytic tools. Monitor impact of efforts and maintain understanding of current spam regulations/practices to ensure communications meet stated criteria.
- Provide prompt responses and efficient resolutions all inquiries from the membership of our client associations, supporting communication requests from Boards and Councils as required by the team.