Mental Health Connecticut is a statewide not-for-profit agency that provides direct services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, presents workshops about mental health, and mounts reform efforts to help shape state policies and laws.
MHC has an immediate full-time opening (First Shift, Wednesday - Sunday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm) for a Rehabilitation Specialist within the Stamford area. This position will be responsible to document and deliver services, including Medicaid reimbursable services, if applicable, to persons in recovery in the activities outlined in their Individual Recovery Plans.
Salary: $15.00 per hour. MHC offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical (Current employee coverage 80% paid for by MHC)
- Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance fully paid for by MHC
- 403b Retirement Plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
- Paid time off (Paid holidays, vacation time, personal time, floating holiday time, sick time)
The Rehabilitation Specialist responsibilities include:
- Maintain certain activity and progress reports.
- Teach and assist clients with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) skills to maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Implement the Individual Recovery Plan.
- Engage with persons in recovery to assure they participate in programs and activities.
- Ensure the safety of clients in their residence through proper supervision of the site including being aware of necessary treatment issues.
- Orient clients to the program.
- Act as a liaison with the clients’ therapists, referral sources and community agencies.
- Willing and able to drive a personally owned vehicle locally and within the state.
- Monitor and document the self-administration of medications noting any refusal, resistance, reactions, errors or special conditions.
- Perform medication runs if required.
- Knowledge of the treatment needs of people who have mental illness and co-occurring disorders; knowledge of basic counseling skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative, professional relationships with clients, other staff, and community agencies; ability to work in a team environment; ability to take responsibility with minimal supervision and direction.
Education and/or Experience: GED or High School Diploma required. Experience in community mental health preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CT driver’s license, auto insurance and registration.
Mental Health Connecticut, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No Phone Calls Please