Palomar Holdings, Inc. (“Palomar”) is the ultimate parent and insurance holding company of its operating subsidiaries. Palomar is an innovative insurer that focuses on the provision of specialty property insurance for residential and commercial clients. Palomar’s underwriting and analytical acumen allow it to concentrate on certain markets that it believes are underserved by other insurance companies, such as the markets for earthquake, wind and flood insurance.
Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.palomarspecialty.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation please. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Palomar, we are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, customers, partners, suppliers and job candidates. We are actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are continuing to hire qualified candidates to better serve our customers. To ensure your safety as a job candidate and compliance with our COVID-19 protocols and recommendations/guidelines from the CDC, State and Local Health Officials, we may be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job title: Client Relationship Specialist
Primary Location: La Jolla
Schedule: Full Time
Overtime Status: Non- Exempt
The Client Relationship Specialist is responsible for customer service and sales support to Palomar producers, strategic partners and insureds.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist new and existing Palomar partners and customers with questions on Palomar products and services
- Provide technical assistance and training to Palomar partners and customers on Palomar Automated
Submission System (PASS)
- Collaborate with Operations team with on boarding activities for new agents and brokers
- Assist with all aspects of Agency Administration customer service requests including, but not limited to: endorsements, cancellations, mortgagee requests and other policy changes.
- Knowledge of, with the ability to extract, agency administration data from all sources and systems
- Ability to interact with Palomar customers at all levels
- Actively promote all Palomar products and services to agents, brokers and strategic partners
- Solicit new business opportunities from distribution sources
EDUCATION/COURSE OF STUDY
- 1-3 years of experience in a Customer Service role.
- Insurance experience preferred, but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of customers
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel and Power point
- Takes initiative and works independently
- Manages own work and takes responsibility for actions and decisions
- Sets clear direction by defining goals and opportunities
- Exhibits integrity and acts with sense of urgency