We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and motivated Purchasing Agent! Join our fast-paced, dynamic team and purchase raw materials and manufactured components that are necessary for us to manufacture our various lines of furniture. If you are an innovative self-starter who wants a challenging but rewarding position, this may be for you!
• Place orders for raw materials and manufactured components.
• Expedite orders with suppliers as required, to ensure on time delivery, preventing stockouts and production downtime.
• Track on time and late deliveries.
• Issue change notifications when required.
• Responsible for processing rejected material and the return of merchandise.
• Work with Accounting Department to resolve invoicing issues.
• Negotiate price, availability, delivery schedules and terms.
• Review and process proposals and quotes.
• Set up and monitor blanket orders.
• Source parts & material via internet, tradeshow, suppliers listing etc. for launching new and existing products.
• Work with Engineering on Engineering Change Notices (ECNs), new part number set ups and supplier relationships.
• Vendor development, sourcing and relationship management (including vendor visits).
• Track vendor performance.
• Communicate with all internal departments to determine any additional purchasing needs.
• Review requisitions and create purchase orders when needed.
• Conduct periodic review and analysis of the inventory of slowing moving and critical items.
• Set up new suppliers and update current suppliers data.
• Act as a change agent, supporting project management and strategic initiatives.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of five years previous purchasing experience
• Experience with furniture, plastics, steel or wood industries helpful but not required
• Thorough understanding of commodity management and supply chain practices
• Ability to professionally communicate (verbal/written) with others at all levels in the company, and with external partners.
• General office environment
• Up to 10% national travel