The office manager is an integral member of the administrative team, providing support across all of Clarke’s NY programs and initiatives, acting as the first face/contact to Clarke for families, community members, school districts, and other professionals.
Responsibilities range from clerical to administrative, ensuring smooth operations, upkeep of program functions, staff and facilities, reception duties, filing and records management, collection and reporting of information required by state agencies and school districts, purchasing/ billing/enrollment functions, maintenance of equipment and supplies, oversight of facilities and other administrative support duties as assigned.
The office manager must enjoy interacting, supporting, learning with and from a wide variety of people-children and adults-in a collaborative and dynamic setting and must also be able to organize their own work, deadlines and responsibilities as they are critical and time sensitive in a busy work environment.
General Reception Duties
- Answer phones, direct calls, assist callers
- Greet visitors, staff, and students
- Assist in maintaining building security
- Oversite of Arrival/Dismissal of Students – keep daily attendance of students
- Updating enrollment and communication related databases such as FAST, Clarke’s internal database, the NYC DOE CMR, and Blackboard Connect
- Transportation Coordinator: liaison between the bus company and Clarke for preschool and EI transportation and for transportation related to special events and field trips
- Track submission/completeness of enrollment documentation for returning and new students
- Review/maintain medical records for students, including information on updated immunization
- Maintain student files, per regulation and Clarke policies
Liaison with IT Department and assist with onsite technology use and troubleshooting
Liaison with Human Resources/Staff Functions
- Reporting Attendance (Staff)
- Complete and submit background checks, create new employee files, track staff certifications, trainings, health/immunization related information, including maintaining copies in staff files
Liaison with the Finance/Business Office
- Coordinate/prepare billing for private pay audiology services
- Coordinate with the finance team for the review and approval of invoices
- Place, track, order and maintain supplies and inventory log needed for a variety of purposes
- Petty Cash-tracking, reimbursing and submission
- Ensure enrollment and billing information is up to date and that records are maintained
- Primary contact for building services, needs, and vendors, including maintaining accurate records regarding regularly scheduled inspection of equipment and general preventative maintenance.
- Coordinate Fire Drills/Emergency Evacuation Drills and documentation
Perform other duties as assigned by Director
Education, licenses, certifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred. Candidates with associate degrees and strong work experience may be considered.
- Bilingual/Spanish skills, preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Access
- Comfort in using and learning office technologies
- Ability to set up and maintain an efficient filing system
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems within an office and to develop feasible solutions.
- Ability to maintain a variety of complex records and to prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing.
- Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, with visitors and with families.
- Vendor Portal and NYC CMR system, Rider System for NYC Transportation, Blackboard Connect a plus
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure/Calm in an emergency
- Effective time management skills
- Commitment to professional growth
- Assist with children as needed
- Use/care of typical office machines such as, loading paper into copy machine, changing ink cartridges, emptying the shredder Maintain shredder
- Lifting/moving up to 25 pounds, typically for moving/unpacking ordered materials
- Ability to sit, stand and to move around including use of
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
*** Title IX Notice of Nondiscrimination: Clarke Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. Clarke Schools is required by Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. The Director, HR, Andrea Harkins, MBA, BS, SHRM-CP, 45 Round Hill Road, Northampton, MA 01060, telephone number 413-582-1155, has been designated as the employee responsible for coordinating Clarke Schools efforts to comply with and carry out its responsibilities under Title IX. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 to Clarke Schools may be referred to Andrea Harkins or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, at 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, telephone number 800-421-3481.