We have a great opportunity for a Paralegal with 3-5 years of Insurance Defense Litigation experience in our Galleria location.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of three years of full time experience as a billable paralegal or legal assistant. Candidates must be self-motivated, committed to excellence in the workplace, and have excellent attention to detail. Candidates must also have demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance competing demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced professional environment. Excellent writing skills are required, and candidates must be proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and database applications. Trial experience is preferred.
RMWBH has been recognized as one of Houston’s Best Places to Work™ and Houston’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For™. Read more about our culture at www.glassdoor.com. Excellent benefits and competitive compensation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong ability to multi-task; high level of time-management skills.
- Attentive to details with good follow through and follow up, possess the ability to anticipate what needs to be done.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with others, both externally and internally all organizational levels and locations.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to learn and effectively utilize various computer applications and other forms of technology.
- Ability to maintain a customer/client focus and build rapport with others inside and outside the firm.
- High level of professionalism; maintain confidential information.
- Proven ability to take initiative in order to meet client/customer needs.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and remain calm in high pressure situations.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate a plus.
- Proficiency with e-filing.
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar position.
- May be required to act as a Notary Public.
- Business references required.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- This is an indoor office environment and may require sitting and utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
- May be required to move items up to 20 pounds.
- Overtime may be required to complete certain projects and meet deadlines.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Roberts Markel Weinberg Butler Hailey PC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.