The Esker Professional Services organization continues to expand and has an opening for an Engagement Manager. The Engagement Manager will augment our existing project management team by coordinating the execution of numerous medium-large scale client engagements while ensuring project team focus on rapid project implementations. The Engagement Manager will rely on exceptional organization and a detailed task management skillset to guide the activities and deliverables of a team of consultants in delivering successful client projects.
Who We Are
Established in 1985, Esker has grown into a leading provider of AI-driven process automation software with over 650 employees and 6,000 customers worldwide. Companies such as Sony, Trek, Heineken, John Deere and many more use our cloud-based solutions to run more efficient and cost-effective business processes, improve customer and supplier relationships, increase employee productivity and morale, and enhance global visibility, scalability and compliance. Esker operates in five continents with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and two U.S. locations in Madison, WI, and Denver, CO.
- Owning the successful completion of multiple medium to large customer-facing engagements
- Requesting resources with appropriate skillset, coordinating resource schedules with customers & other Professional Services team objectives
- Monitoring budgeted hours and monetary constraints ($100K+)
- Communicating with customers on issues including but not limited scope, time, budget
- Escalating issues internally to ensure proper visibility on technical and customer relationship concerns
- Solving immediate problems that require collaboration with all Esker departments and implementing better ways to avoid problem in the future or address the root cause.
- Managing 15+ medium to large concurrent projects and focus on prioritization that generates the best outcomes for customer and Esker.
- Work within a Scrum team of 5-7 resources to accomplish team objectives
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or industry equivalent preferred
- 8+ years of customer-facing work experience
- 8+ years of project management within a fast pace, technology, and customer facing environment
- At least 5 years of business process/workflow analysis, design and improvement
- Extensive experience with Trello, MS Project, MS DevOps, other project management tools
- Lead internal and customer facing demonstration of project methodology, Agile/Scrum principles, change management and Esker’s solutions
- Lead and communicate project estimation techniques and change order development
- Experience in project estimation techniques and SOW development
- Work with sales, research & development (R&D), customer experience and technical support teams to resolve issues for customers
- Demonstrated solution knowledge (for P2P this is minimal level of accounting/finance experience and for O2C this is minimal level of sales order entry experience)
- Facilitate project Increment Planning Workshop and Rapid Deployment Workshop
- Prepare project documentation inclusive of but not limited to; project kick off presentation, project plan, risk assessment, test plan, go live/migration plan
- Facilitate production hypercare
- Participate in project documentation readiness for transition to Esker Solution Support and Customer Experience
- Participate in ”Live My Life” with the International Professional Services team
- Assist in recruiting activities such as UW Engineering days event
- Demonstrated proficiency in the project management skillset (Experience or strong interest in learning Agile/Scrum and change management processes; understanding or interest to learn the PMBOK knowledge areas)
- Experience developing and implementing successful software or SaaS solutions for business customers
- Demonstrated team leadership abilities
- Ability to manage senior and executive level relationships
- Ability to function effectively in a fast pace environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain high levels of drive and energy
- Strong communication/presentation skills to effectively interact with clients
- Ability to handle conflict and high stress levels in a professional and business-like manner
- Ability to make complex decisions based on multiple inputs
- Capacity for influencing positive outcomes
- Leadership skills when working in small, self-managing teams
- Strong client management and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management (internal and external)
- Travel up to 30%
You’ll fit in well with Esker if you’re looking for a company that offers a wide range of benefits to support the health and happiness of employees and their family members — including the furry ones. On top of a competitive salary and traditional benefits like 401k matching and a generous PTO policy, we provide perks such as flexible summer hours, student loan repayment assistance, a pet-friendly work environment, volunteer time off, charitable donation matching, and a yearly stipend for employee wellness, hobbies or educational activities.
Come as You Are
Esker is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive and mutually respectful work environment. We do not discriminate against any qualified applicants on the basis of: race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, disability, medical history, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.