Do you love to create delight through design and attention to detail? Are you a MacGyver who always finds a way to get it done? If so, then we invite you to apply to AutoCamp to join our adventure.
We are opening in Cape Cod and we are seeking an Assistant General Manager to be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the property, with a specific focus on Front Desk, Housekeeping and the Retail Shop. This role supports and guides all associates with policies, standards, procedures and regulations, and works to ensure that all team members are working to deliver an exceptional guest experience and operational efficiency.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and help open our first property on the East Coast!
AutoCamp is a lifestyle hotel brand that is changing the way people experience the great outdoors. We provide an upscale, hassle-free, and comfortable experience in the world’s top outdoor destinations – we call it Outdoor Hospitality.
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Be sure to attach both a resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience and salary requirements. Please Note: Resumes submitted without a cover letter will be crumpled up and used as campfire kindling.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for supporting the General Manager in ensuring that daily operations are smooth and efficient while maintaining a focus on guest and associate satisfaction.
- Lead by example: provide high-quality service and uncompromising hospitality towards all customers and associates.
- Manage a multi-cultural team and lead in a manner that embraces diversity.
- Oversee the housekeeping supervisor and housekeeping team.
- Play a lead role in managing the PMS and associated technological systems.
- Oversee the Retail shop, responsible for insuring front office team properly stocks and sets the retail area.
- Interview and hire associates, then, train and develop for technical, hospitality, communication, management, and organizational skills. Guide all associates towards success as it relates customer satisfaction, property business and financial goals.
- Keep associates informed about daily operations and events.
- Ensure associates are properly logging time in and out, entering PTO hours, and following meal period break law. Troubleshoot discrepancies from previous shifts and make corrections as needed.
- Monitor associate performance, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards.
- Support General Manager with Human Resource issues. Manage disciplinary issues with discretion, confidence and in a compassionate manner.
- Lead departments in the achievement of financial/business goals and expectations in accordance with the operating budget; monitoring progress monthly and implementing controls for expense management.
- Ensure that Autocamp standards, operating procedures and policies are in place and followed.
- Be knowledgeable of all emergency plans and safety practices and know how to act upon them.
- Report any unusual occurrences immediately to the general manager. Complete and submit compliance related reports and forms as needed.
- Develop and implement plans that continually improve upon guest satisfaction and associate performance. Respond and follow up on assigned customer care issues.
- Create memorable check in and check out experiences for guests to encourage repeat visits.
- Communicate with department leads and supervisors about daily audits and controls so all are informed about proper procedures.
- Balance all daily transactions and transmit figures to corporate headquarters.
- Know the facilities and hours of operation of the property.
- Be familiar with sales strategies; communicate daily with sales coordinator.
- Performs any other duties as requested by General Manager.
- Responsible for supporting the General Manager in the oversight of department supervisors and associates.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years equivalent experience in an upscale hospitality environment.
- Previous experience with hotel PMS and POS systems.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Based Applications; knowledge of Google Suite products preferred.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
THE RIGHT PERSON WILL….
- Have a passion for the great outdoors!
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of guests and employees, and able to negotiate through difficult situations
- Strong management and relational skills
- Thoroughness and an Attention to Detail
- Excellent and Attentive Customer Service
- Must be able to stand often and regularly walk around the property, including up and down stairs.
- Must be able to occasionally help others with lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable in and enjoy working in the outdoors. You also must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person; and see well enough to work on a computer, read reports and drive.
- Must be a MacGyver, and able to find solutions when issues arise.