Springs Rescue Mission considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of SRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Build relationships with men and women involved with the Springs Rescue Mission (SRM) through case management and counseling within an environment of grace. Case management will consist of managing medical, legal, and other services to facilitate growth and development in the resident. Counseling will be biblically-based and address spiritual-, mental-, emotional-, and physical-health issues to include substance abuse and recovery. Clients will be in the SRM New Life Program (NLP) or the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct interviews to assess a program candidate’s suitability for the program and determine candidate’s suitability then work with the team to schedule intake.
- Conduct comprehensive intakes to include completion of all required admission paperwork.
- Maintain a caseload of NLP and IOP members and meet with them regularly.
- Identify and assess guest and resident’s needs and goals.
- Develop an individualized care plan to meet those needs and goals.
- Update/modify care plan as needed to continue to meet needs and goals.
- Coordinate and collaborate all pending and completed program discharges with Manager of Addiction and Recovery.
- Consult with outside agencies to assist resident in procuring needed resources and services within the community.
- Maintain current and complete case notes and records for each resident.
- Meet with NLP team weekly to discuss resident’s progress. Attend and participate in Accountability Team meetings as required. Coordinate with work supervisors and staff.
- Attend IOP coordination meetings.
- Complete monthly statistical information and submit by deadline for compilation of reports.
- Counsel residents and guests on caseload to stimulate and facilitate growth and development towards a healthy addiction-free life.
- Counsel residents and guests to help in the healing process to include decision-making; problem-solving; turning away from destructive behaviors; navigating change; and increasing the resident’s competency and autonomy.
- Facilitate assigned process groups (group counseling).
- Assist in the recruiting, application, screening, intake and treatment process of those in the IOP.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist with administrative program functions such as maintaining HMIS data base; maintaining program rosters; gift card dispersal and participating in drug and alcohol testing.
- Teach classes as assigned aimed at providing information, support and equipping to encourage growth and development. Example of classes or groups include bible study, discipleship, relapse prevention, early recovery skills and life skills.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ministry minded with the passionate belief and commitment to invest in individuals, demonstrating Christ’s love and grace through relationship healing and practical assistance.
- Grounded in the Christian faith as a mature, active member of the body of Christ; good familiarity with God’s word.
- Must have a teachable spirit and servant heart.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to listen and guide/counsel according to biblical principles and individual resident needs.
- Good analysis and discernment skills, able to facilitate the identification and resolution of resident issues.
- Knowledge of recovery, addiction, and mental illness.
- Strong resource acquisition and coordination abilities.
- Good communication skills: written, verbal and instructional
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a sometimes unpredictable work environment while achieving program goals and meeting deadlines.
- Honest, perceptive, adaptive, objective, and trustworthy.
- Organization with regard to people, things, and information, including excellent time management skills.
- Computer literate—proficient in Word, Excel, and internet.
- Addiction Technician (CAC I) certification completed or able to complete with in 30 days.
- Registered in the Department of Regulatory Agencies licensed psychotherapist database or the registered psychotherapist database or be capable of submitting a completed Application for Registration—Registered Psychotherapist within three months of date Job Description is signed is desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
Work is primarily indoors and requires climbing stairs daily
Contact with street population - continuously
Involves the collection of urine specimens - occasionally
Drug Testing Kit
- Bachelor’s degree; in social work, counseling, psychology, human services or related field preferred.
- Christian counseling, addiction and recovery counseling, and working within recovery ministry are a plus.
- One to three years prior related experience OR any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Addiction technician (CAC I) required, Registered Psychotherapist preferred.
- *Male Gender is required for this position, due to essential job duties and position responsibilities.
*Bona fide occupational qualifications (BFOQ) are employment qualifications that employers are allowed to consider while making decisions about hiring and retention of employees. The qualification should relate to an essential job duty and is considered necessary for operation of the particular business.*
* Salary & benefits include the following: $40,000, DOE.
* Full benefits package to include: medical benefits with SRM paying 85% of the medical premium, voluntary Dental, Vision, Allstate Accident Plan, SRM-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D. Also offered are 8 paid holidays, 21 days of accruable PTO, paid “Soul Care Retreat” days (up to 4 depending upon availability), and a 403b retirement plan with SRM-match of up to 3% after 1 year, 100% vested beginning DOH; (Benefits are subject to change based on reevaluation or benefit plan changes annually.)