CDC Small Business Finance is a leading U.S. small business lender and award-winning nonprofit. Over the last four decades, CDC has provided more than $13 billion in loans to 11,000 entrepreneurs...and counting.
Unlike a traditional lender, we have the flexibility to offer affordable loans to a broader range of small business owners seeking financing for building purchases, major equipment and working capital, among other purposes.
As a non-profit organization, our mission is to support those who face the greatest obstacles in securing capital: women, minority and veteran-owned businesses. Our business loans have also played a critical role in bolstering economic development, helping create or preserve more than 180,000 jobs in California, Arizona and Nevada.
The primary function of the Loan Acquisition Manager is to manage the company’s internal credit decision process and insure product efficiency of the Morgan Stanley First Trust Deed loan program (MS) through prescreening and completion of credit analysis of applications. Staff members are to maintain effective communication with Loan Officers, Loan Processors/Closers, CDC senior management team, and Morgan Stanley to ensure timely loan decision process and ultimate funding of loan applications.
- Review loan request submissions for acceptability under Morgan Stanley credit guidelines. Pre-screen for property type, quality and location, evaluate working capital, business and personal cash flow, personal credit and debt to worth
- Decline applicants that do not meet MS credit guidelines
- Management of loan records within company software; CDC Ventures. Data input required including; summary of collateral, loan structure, loan background, and operating company background
- Assist loan processor with questions regarding loan file document collection
- Create comparative spreadsheets using data from tax returns and financial statements. Modify spread to reflect the proposed project, mortgages, and future operations
- Analyze spreadsheet for identification of positive and/or negative financial trends, transactions, or events that would have bearing on the future operations and financial health of the applicant company as relates to the proposed loan
- Prepare written credit memoranda including a financial narrative for submittal to Morgan Stanley
- Communicate to internal and external parties regarding approval and funding timelines
- Determine which documents are needed (Commitment Letter, MS Loan Referral Agreement, Master Purchase agreement), prepare and/or circulate for signature
- Assist Loan Closers in collection of documents and sign off on conditions
- Confirm premium to be paid by MS to referral source/selling lender, what loan initiation fees are needed to collect along with any CDC referral fee (if necessary)
- Coordinate payment to any sales agent (after funding)
- Preparation of any reports to manage program work flow efficiencies