Gustavo Preston Company, founded in 1881, has been providing engineered fluid handling equipment solutions to Boston and the greater New England area for over 135 years. As one of the nation’s oldest commercial pump repair and sales agencies we continue to grow, develop, and expand our facilities. This allows us to provide high quality, technically engineered equipment that is supported by our outstanding technical sales and premium service and support.
The Position: Field Service Technician
Our service technicians are responsible for delivering top of the line customer service by installing repairing and servicing commercial pumping equipment including but not limited to domestic water boosters, wastewater, and fire pumps.
• Daily visits to various customer sites to provide exceptional service by repairing and/or servicing pumping equipment.
• Maintains rapport with customers by examining issues; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
• Maintains communication with internal staff including the Dispatcher, Field Operations Manager, and Inside Sales team.
• Document service and installation actions by completing forms, quotes, reports, logs, and records on a smart phone.
This will be a great opportunity if you are looking for:
• A job focused on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures.
• Job knowledge and competency that is built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers.
• A position that is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who, recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment, can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a mechanical field and a good working knowledge of electrical or electronic applications. Experience in pumps, motors or controls are a plus.
• Strong communication and relationship skills with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
• Excellent behavior, work ethic, and an understanding of how to conduct one’s self in an office environment as well as on the job site.
• Must be able to adapt to spontaneous changes.
• Knowledge of personal abilities/limits and when to seek support.
• Must be able to lift /carry up to 50lbs, climb a ladder (minimum of 15 feet), and safely perform rigging to move large equipment.
• Must have your own set of basic hand tools.
• Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a driving record check, background investigation, and drug test.
• This is a day shift position but does require you to be on call.
Working at GPC:
Our work environment is close knit, friendly, and focused on both the professional and family values of our employees and business.
We provide our employees with a highly supportive environment where everyone has the opportunity to use their unique skills and abilities to be successful in their career and as part of our team. As a result, we become indispensable to our customers by providing industry expertise, quality products, and exceptional service.
We will do whatever it takes!