This position’s primary focus is to deliver against external customer expectations, using discretion in offering solutions that make financial sense for stakeholders.
• Supervisor: Value-Added Account Manager
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Establishes and maintains professional sales relationships, servicing assigned existing Naturipe Value Added Foods customers
• Directs the internal sales process which includes customer quotes, contracting, sales order management, pricing, product releases, shipping, invoicing, product returns and credit management.
• Owns responsibility for customer satisfaction with largest Value Added Foods Customer, managing warehouse replenishment program and order fulfillment in the United States.
• Accountable for on-time shipments, order completeness and correct pricing. Directs shipments according to customer specific needs. Owns the role of main point of contact for customers related to all aspects of order and contract management including delivery of products.
• Collaborates with product management and vendor to make inventory available in SAP for execution of sales for purchased products. Has authority and accountability for advocating customer needs with Product Management. Prioritizes and directs order fulfillment in order to maximize grower return.
• Collaborates on product allocation to specific customers in coordination with product management in support of customer delight responsibility.
• Responsible for ensuring up to date registrations and qualifications for government and other customers.
• Negotiates, contracts and executes against sales to for-“less than”-truckload customers in accordance to the strategic sales plan.
• Responsible for staying abreast of country-specific requirements for import/export documentation needed to ensure product is cleared for use by country and customer.
• Provides sales coordination, phone and administrative support to the sales office and other account managers as assigned.
• Prepares reports and other tasks as assigned on an ad hoc basis.
• Actively supports team building activities for entire Naturipe staff within the Kalamazoo office and supports cross functional office activities.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
• Supports 2 or more Account Managers and their corresponding customers’ needs
• Manages approximately 50 customers through the contracting and order management process. Focuses 80% of time on top 12 customers representing over 25,000,000 lbs. of annual shipments.
• Executes order management activities which result in revenues of up to $35M annually
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2+ years’ experience in office or inside sales role preferred
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office; Regular use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required.
• Strong organizational skills with high emphasis on attention to detail
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Ability to plan and execute in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
• Ability to understand work as a process and impact on internal/external customers
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and judgment when handling sensitive customer issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Requires inter-personal skills and phone etiquette.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to work independently and thrive in a cooperative team environment.
• Ability to work in a professional, confident manner.
• Ability to accept responsibility and make decisions independently.
• Enjoys a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with SAP a plus.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus. Knowledge of food business a plus.