Performs highly technical, responsible and confidential executive-level administrative duties for the President and CEO, while supporting the Vice President for Administration.
Performs executive-level administrative duties in support of the President and CEO and Vice President for Administration
- Understands the critical importance of this highly supporting role – making it a chief goal to ensure the President and CEO has everything he needs to represent The Association of Former Students in a premier manner each day.
- Answers and screens calls.
- Processes confidential matters and either resolves or refers appropriately.
- Greets guests of the President and CEO and Vice President for Administration.
- Makes appointments and maintains calendar for the President and CEO.
- Makes travel arrangements, prepares travel itineraries and assembles all travel materials.
- Drafts correspondence on behalf of the President and CEO and produces letters in final form.
- Reads and responds to email on behalf of the President and CEO.
- Conducts a thorough review of the President and CEO’s emails each Monday and Wednesday morning and provides a detailed report as to which emails still need attention.
- Provides a call list to the President and CEO each Wednesday morning as to calls that have not yet been returned.
- Prepares monthly expense reports, cash advance reports and other forms for the President and CEO and Vice President for Administration.
- Provides in-office support to the President and CEO on all home game weekends including the evening before if needed, as well as on game days (either before or after the game based on kickoff, or both).
- Cultivates strong relationships with other executive assistants across campus – particularly the assistants of the CEO affiliates, as well as those in the Chancellor’s Office, President’s Office, and Office of the Board of Regents.
- Coordinates lunch orders for staff and meeting guests when needed.
- Schedules and coordinates special Aggie Ring Day presentations in the President and CEO’s office, corresponding with students and their families to ensure a perfect day for them.
- Provides support to the Executive Staff and Board Chair during commencement, including regalia delivery and correspondence with the Registrar’s Office.
- Provides office support for special events as needed.
- Ensures Association vehicle is well maintained, cleaned and filled with fuel weekly – paying close attention to tires and window decals.
- Prepares quarterly mileage reports for the President and CEO.
- Prepares meeting agendas and assists with preparation and set-up for meetings.
- Routes mail not requiring the President and CEO’s attention.
- Prepares work schedules and supervises the Executive Student Assistants.
- Prepares and conducts performance appraisals for the Executive Student Assistants.
- Orders and maintains inventory of promotional items and various supplies for the Executive Administration area.
- Prepares gift bags and baskets as needed.
- Coordinates campus tours and communicates with families of prospective students when needed.
- Maintains athletic ticket log; documenting when President and CEO allocates Zone Club tickets, using the information to prepare an annual report to CFO.
- Ensures President & CEO’s office and ante room remain in proper condition; communicating any maintenance or cleaning needs to Facilities and Custodial staff.
- Leads the entire team by example, displaying a positive attitude each day.
Assists the Vice President for Administration in preparation for Board Meetings
- Conducts site visits to local hotels each summer and negotiates following year’s contracts for hotel accommodations for Board members.
- Manages hotel arrangements for the Board of Directors and others as requested.
- Receives and handles Board member RSVP responses for the quarterly meetings.
- Manages the set-up and clean-up of meeting rooms used by the President and CEO as well as meeting rooms used by the Board of Directors.
- Assists in the preparation of agendas and supporting documents.
- Responsible for the compilation of the Board’s quarterly meeting notebooks.
- Prepares gift bags and baskets as needed.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal of 100K by 2020.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings and other events as requested by the President and CEO and/or the Vice President for Administration.
- Participation on internal event and task committees as appropriate.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Represents The Association as appropriate at select events.
Acts as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: President and CEO and Vice President for Administration.
Given: Executive Student Assistants.
Required: High School graduate or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: Supplemental business courses with specific training in the use of word processors, computers and allied software.
Required: Five years at the Executive Assistant level or equivalent.
Preferred: Eight or more years at the Executive Assistant level.
- Highest level of professionalism, accuracy and efficiency, utmost discretion, and supreme organizational skills.
- Must be extremely intuitive and take initiative, always being a step ahead of the President and CEO and Vice President for Administration.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing situations, ability to derive solutions to unexpected last-minute challenges, be very detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with warmth, sincerity and graciousness to exude in every conversation, both written and oral. Works well both independently, as well as with a team.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment. Excellent keyboarding and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Enhanced ability to listen and accurately transcribe.
Required: The employee will occasionally be required to lift up to 20 pounds and may need to carry for approximate distance up to 50 feet. Frequent use of computer and keyboard.
This position is required to work 8:00 – 5:30 p.m. each day unless otherwise communicated by the President and CEO. Availability to work evenings and weekend events. May need to work late on occasion with little notice if a late afternoon meeting arises at the last minute. The employee may be required to drive vehicle to deliver Board documents to Directors or to attend outside meetings.
A heart to serve – in any way needed; maintaining a spirit of flexibility and willingness to seek ways to go above and beyond to do whatever it takes to serve. No two days are the same. Each day presents new opportunities to serve the Aggie Network in this role.
Special Instruction to Applicants
Cover letter, resume and a minimum of two (2) professional writing samples required for application submission.
Position will be posted until filled, until sufficient candidates are reviewed to ensure a qualified selection can be made, or until closed at the discretion of The Association.